Regrettably, as you all know, the village commemorations and celebrations for the 75th anniversary of VE Day (Victory in Europe) are postponed (other than the competition which we published previously).
You may recall that the May Bank Holiday was moved from 1 May to Friday 8 May in anticipation of nationwide events.
The Bank Holiday still stands, of course, and Friday 8 May is remarkable, not least because on that day in 1945, the document of surrender (which had been signed on the previous day) came into effect.
Some of the village businesses will obviously be closed on Friday 8 May.
- Village Surgeries Group – the Village Surgeries at both Tattenhall and Farndon will be closed on Friday 8 May – patients will not be disadvantaged, however, since the 'out of hours services' will still be fully operational – if the NHS change the directive on this, we will advise.
- Post Office – closed on Friday 8 May and re-opens on Saturday 9 May (9am-12.30pm).
- WELL Pharmacy – the Pharmacy will open for 3 hours only between 2-5pm on Friday 8 May.
- SPAR Tattenhall – will remain open and deliveries will also continue to take place on Friday 8 May.
- Alison's Kitchen Deliveries – Alison and Ron will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Carol's Garden – Carol and Paul will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Pig & Co Family Butcher – will remain open but close early at 3.30pm on both Friday and Saturday
Thank you to all our wonderful providers!