The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: May 2020
Regrettably, as you all know, the village commemorations and celebrations for the 75th anniversary of VE Day (Victory in Europe) are postponed (other than the competition which we published previously).
You may recall that the May Bank Holiday was moved from 1 May to Friday 8 May in anticipation of nationwide events.
The Bank Holiday still stands, of course, and Friday 8 May is remarkable, not least because on that day in 1945, the document of surrender (which had been signed on the previous day) came into effect.
Some of the village businesses will obviously be closed on Friday 8 May.
- Village Surgeries Group — the Village Surgeries at both Tattenhall and Farndon will be closed on Friday 8 May — patients will not be disadvantaged, however, since the 'out of hours services' will still be fully operational — if the NHS change the directive on this, we will advise.
- Post Office — closed on Friday 8 May and re-opens on Saturday 9 May (9am-12.30pm).
- WELL Pharmacy — the Pharmacy will open for 3 hours only between 2-5pm on Friday 8 May.
- SPAR Tattenhall — will remain open and deliveries will also continue to take place on Friday 8 May.
- Alison's Kitchen Deliveries — Alison and Ron will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Carol's Garden — Carol and Paul will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Pig & Co Family Butcher — will remain open but close early at 3.30pm on both Friday and Saturday
Thank you to all our wonderful providers!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Dodging the showers has been a particular challenge this week but work is progressing on Phase 2a of the Flood Defence Works at China Meadow.As reported previously, work began on Monday 10 May when volunteers from TWiG, Dr Nicola Hall from ELM Associates, Dr Mike Norbury from Mersey Forest, and the contractor, James Pownall, were all on site.The outcome of this project is to alleviate further...
Have you thought of helping vulnerable local children?Whilst this year is of course very different, Foster4, Cheshire West and Chester, Halton and Warrington Councils' foster carer recruitment service, is promoting the need for more carers as widely as ever during this year's Foster Care Fortnight.Using the national theme, #whywecare, Foster4 will be highlighting the need for more...
Celebrating 100 Years Of Support On Saturday 15th May, The Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal celebrates it's Centenary. CLICK HERE to view what is planned.There are a few things happening on Saturday itself:From 9am watch our Facebook livestream as we re-create the moment from 100 years ago when veterans from four...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park