The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: May 2020
Regrettably, as you all know, the village commemorations and celebrations for the 75th anniversary of VE Day (Victory in Europe) are postponed (other than the competition which we published previously).
You may recall that the May Bank Holiday was moved from 1 May to Friday 8 May in anticipation of nationwide events.
The Bank Holiday still stands, of course, and Friday 8 May is remarkable, not least because on that day in 1945, the document of surrender (which had been signed on the previous day) came into effect.
Some of the village businesses will obviously be closed on Friday 8 May.
- Village Surgeries Group — the Village Surgeries at both Tattenhall and Farndon will be closed on Friday 8 May — patients will not be disadvantaged, however, since the 'out of hours services' will still be fully operational — if the NHS change the directive on this, we will advise.
- Post Office — closed on Friday 8 May and re-opens on Saturday 9 May (9am-12.30pm).
- WELL Pharmacy — the Pharmacy will open for 3 hours only between 2-5pm on Friday 8 May.
- SPAR Tattenhall — will remain open and deliveries will also continue to take place on Friday 8 May.
- Alison's Kitchen Deliveries — Alison and Ron will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Carol's Garden — Carol and Paul will continue to deliver on Friday 8 May.
- Pig & Co Family Butcher — will remain open but close early at 3.30pm on both Friday and Saturday
Thank you to all our wonderful providers!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Mzzz B's March Garden BlogSpring is definitely in the air, there are days when the sun is shining and you can feel its warmth, the birds are singing, alongside those grey days and frosty nights, that make you remember that winter is still with us for a while yet.The spring bulbs are always a wonderful sight especially when the sun is shining. Crocuses just open up to suck in the sunshine...
The Cheshire West & Chester Recycling Awareness Officer has advised that the Council recycling centres are dealing with long queues. Sites close promptly at 4pm, and you will not gain entry after 4pm, regardless of the size of the queue : you may be turned away before 4pm to allow those on the sites to dispose of their waste safely and correctly. Kerbside garden waste collections have resumed...
Normal services have been resumedGreen bin collections have resumed this week (from 1st March 2021). Please can you circulate the message to your residents.Collection of garden waste will take place on the next scheduled collection day. https://my.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/en/AchieveForms/?form_uri=sandbox-publish://AF-Process-0187a2f6-15cb-413a-8a3f-b6d14d63da57/AF-...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park