The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Thom Morton: March 2020
May I first thank everyone for your support and co-operation during these challenging times.
The health and safety of everyone is our priority, whether that be our staff, our customers or our suppliers.
My staff have been sensational, working untiringly in helping to meet the needs of everyone.
As customers you have been brilliant. The initial panic buying has slowed and we are seeing a lot more home deliveries. May I just give everyone a gentle reminder to socially distance within the store and whilst in a queue. It is also easier for us if as many transactions as possible are cashless.
Our local suppliers have also been excellent. Stocks have been extremely good, all things considered.
The closure of SPAR Tattenhall daily at 8pm has made a huge difference to us and has given my staff confidence and reassurance in re-stocking the store whilst, at the same time, adhering to the public health social distancing requirements. It has also given us so much more time to prepare the home deliveries.
So, we begin a further week with a reminder of OUR HOME DELIVERY SERVICE:
- Customers should ring 01829 770302.
- Have ready the list of the items you wish to purchase.
- We will record the items you wish to purchase and then check availability.
- There is no charge for delivery within a 5 mile radius.
- If you ring before 1pm we will deliver the same day.
- If you ring after 1pm, then we will deliver the following morning.
- We will deliver items in a cardboard box and there will be a 1 hour time-slot between 09.00-16.30 — Monday to Saturday inclusive.
- Customers will be requested to pay with contact-less/chip/pin or cash.
- Please be assured that we are having deliveries of fresh foods daily and, importantly, it is all LOCAL!
- Main groceries are restocked on alternate days and stocks are good.
- We are also more than happy to pick up items from the Chemist/drop off post/pick-up from other businesses in the village etc.
Best regards, Thom Morton.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As a retired theatre nurse I felt that I should be doing something to help during this difficult time.Up until recently I have been running 'The Loss Cafe' in the village but family commitments required me to step down. Like many of you have time on my hands during the present conditions and I decided to get my sewing machine out to make scrubs for the NHS. The purchase of fabric for...
West Cheshire Rural U3A updateDue to the current restrictions for COVID 19, West Cheshire Rural U3A monthly meetings are currently not taking place, however that doesn't mean all our group activities had stopped. Some group activities are continuing online, including the Poetry Group and the Ukulele Group.We normally produce a U3A monthly newsletter which is printed and distributed to...
Along with feeders and bird baths, a bird box is high up on the list of a bird's basic needs. As well as providing a home for birds to bring up their families in spring and summer, a bird box will also provide shelter in the winter.When we asked you take photographs of Tattenhall whilst you were on your daily exercise regime (public health social distancing accepted), I think it would...
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church
St Alban' Church