The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: November 2015
Testament of Youth cert PG
Based on Vera Brittain's iconic autobiography, the film recalls a coming of age during The Great War. This is a story of young love, the futility of war and trying to make sense of the darkest times. Alicia Vikander stars as Vera with strong performances from Emily Watson, Dominic West and Miranda Richardson.
Here are the film night details:
- Films start at 8.00pm (doors open at 7.30pm)
- You can probably walk to the venue or there is free parking if needed
- Bar and ice-creams available
- You can bring your own pop-corn and save yourself a small fortune
- No interval, but the bar will remain open
- That makes it not too late a finish, even on a school night
- £5 adults (compared to £10.10 adult price at the new cinema at Broughton)
- £4 under 18s (children must be accompanied) — compared to £8.10 under 18 price at the new cinema at Broughton
- No stale popcorn smell — guaranteed!
All films are listed in our WHAT'S ON calendar guide; also look out for film details on tattenhall.org: keep an eye out for the advertising boards outside the Barbour; you might want to also glance at our thought of the day on the homepage for Testament of Youth references.
We look forward to seeing you.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
National Garden Scheme — Tattenhall Hall Garden Booking now openIf you missed out the last time we were open in June, this is another chance to visit the garden. Tattenhall Hall Garden will be open to visit on Sunday July 12th. To access the garden, visits need to be booked through the NGS website https://www.ngs.org.uk/shop/garden-tickets/the-north/cheshire-tat...
Having participated in the July Zoom Meeting of the Parish Council earlier this week, it became acutely obvious of the difficulties being experienced by businesses on Tattenhall High Street.We have received several emails and comments on Facebook this morning and have adjusted this article to reflect your comments — many thanks to those of you who have written in.Listening to our Parish...
Outside the Barbour
St Alban's Church
Barbour Institute (outside)
St Alban's Church