The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: November 2015
Testament of Youth cert PG
Based on Vera Brittain's iconic autobiography, the film recalls a coming of age during The Great War. This is a story of young love, the futility of war and trying to make sense of the darkest times. Alicia Vikander stars as Vera with strong performances from Emily Watson, Dominic West and Miranda Richardson.
Here are the film night details:
- Films start at 8.00pm (doors open at 7.30pm)
- You can probably walk to the venue or there is free parking if needed
- Bar and ice-creams available
- You can bring your own pop-corn and save yourself a small fortune
- No interval, but the bar will remain open
- That makes it not too late a finish, even on a school night
- £5 adults (compared to £10.10 adult price at the new cinema at Broughton)
- £4 under 18s (children must be accompanied) — compared to £8.10 under 18 price at the new cinema at Broughton
- No stale popcorn smell — guaranteed!
All films are listed in our WHAT'S ON calendar guide; also look out for film details on tattenhall.org: keep an eye out for the advertising boards outside the Barbour; you might want to also glance at our thought of the day on the homepage for Testament of Youth references.
We look forward to seeing you.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Apologies for the short notice to all our customers but with immediate effect, the Post Office and Pluto House Gift Shop will now only open during weekday afternoons and on Saturday morning.Monday-Friday inclusive — Open from 2pm-5.30pmSaturday — Open from 9am-12.30pmLesley Morton's staff colleague at the Post Office has been furloughed by us since she rightly needs to shield her...
We are all in a time of extreme uncertainty, national anxiety and a kind of shared stress. We need to help ourselves and help others to stay positive during these unsettling times. Rumour and speculation can fuel anxiety. Take preventative actions by strictly following Government and NHS guidance CLICK HERE Limit your...
Images like this are a constant reminder of what a fantastic Farmer Network we have in this part of Cheshire and how we are indebted to our local farming community.Over 400 farmers and landowners look after the Sandstone Ridge. Suzanne and Drew Miller at Broad Oak Farm are two such farmers whom we featured most recently in the Tree Planting article https://www.tattenhall.or...
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church
St Alban' Church