The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: November 2015
Testament of Youth cert PG
Based on Vera Brittain's iconic autobiography, the film recalls a coming of age during The Great War. This is a story of young love, the futility of war and trying to make sense of the darkest times. Alicia Vikander stars as Vera with strong performances from Emily Watson, Dominic West and Miranda Richardson.
Here are the film night details:
- Films start at 8.00pm (doors open at 7.30pm)
- You can probably walk to the venue or there is free parking if needed
- Bar and ice-creams available
- You can bring your own pop-corn and save yourself a small fortune
- No interval, but the bar will remain open
- That makes it not too late a finish, even on a school night
- £5 adults (compared to £10.10 adult price at the new cinema at Broughton)
- £4 under 18s (children must be accompanied) — compared to £8.10 under 18 price at the new cinema at Broughton
- No stale popcorn smell — guaranteed!
All films are listed in our WHAT'S ON calendar guide; also look out for film details on tattenhall.org: keep an eye out for the advertising boards outside the Barbour; you might want to also glance at our thought of the day on the homepage for Testament of Youth references.
We look forward to seeing you.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Sound Therapy — Crystal bowls with Jane Blackburn, Saturday 25th January 12:30pm.£12.00This Experience can help:Relax and reduce stress and anxietyImproves sleep and concentrationBalance the hemispheres of the brainCalm the thinking processHelp to heal the body and emotionsTake a look at our video on The Studio Tattenhall Facebook pageContact Lynn Owen to book: 07870...
After weeks of wet weather, we have all enjoyed some spectacular weather during this last weekend.This photograph, taken by a member of Tattenhall Wildlife Group (TWiG), looks towards The Flacca from Burwardsley Road.Engaging with natural environments and landscapes is a proven link to health and well-being.So, make the most of sunshine and perfect sunsets this week as the daylight hours...
Here are the details of our first longer walk of the season, being led by Viv.It is a flat 5.5 mile walk with no mud!! no animals, or stiles, but goes along the canal towpath in Chester and the banks of the Dee.Park away from the shops in the carpark by Aldi's and the carpet factory, turning right at the traffic lights off Tarvin Road in Vicar's Cross...
The Letters Inn
Leave Carpark behind Alison's Cafe
Murder Mystery play