The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
TWiG: March 2019
Whichever way you turn, some residents (however small the numbers) continue to pay scant regard in dealing with the mess created by their dogs.
Our photograph shows 5 bags of dog mess which were left in just one section of Jubilee Wood and which were photographed yesterday whilst members of TWiG were undertaking conservation work.
What Does It Take?
- This unacceptable and anti-social problem has been raised at regular Parish Council Meetings.
- Next weekend, local cubs will literally be on their hands and knees working in this very area — digging and planting trees (this tree planting project was one of the successful funding applications supported by our Parish Council just last week).
- We published yet another 'Concern of the Week' regarding Dog Fouling back in January CLICK HERE
- A group within the village has positively been promoting the Green Dog Walkers' Scheme (fully supported by our Parish Council, the Tattenhall Business Alliance and Bolesworth Estate) and the launch of which is just next week — see previous article CLICK HERE.
- Children from The Park Primary School have all been involved in creating posters to raise awareness regarding this problem within our village, recognising how unacceptable dog fouling is and encouraging every dog owner to join the Green Dog Walkers' Scheme.
- We are on the cusp of community engagement in preparation for our upcoming participation in the Best Kept Village Award.
We repeat ... What Does It Take?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Department for Transport (DfT) has announced that Beeston and Tarporley Station Reopening Group has been successful in their bid to the Beeching Reversal 'Ideas Fund' for resources to progress the project to the next stage of development.Michael Flynn, Chairman of the Beeston and Tarporley Station Reopening Group, commented:"This is just the start of a long process, but it...
Tattenhall Gardening Society has decided to hold another zoom meeting December 9th at 7.30 pm This will be a fun quiz about all things about gardening and gardens. Join them with a Christmas hat, a mince pie and a glass of mulled wine, or whatever will help you to get into the festive spirit! It will hopefully be interactive and a fun, relaxed evening.Just to get you thinking one of our...
We are very excited to announce that we will be re-opening our Aldford and Tattenhall salons on Wednesday 2nd December.December is a very busy month for us and we now have limited availability until after Christmas. We are working to fit in as many appointments as possible whilst adhering to the latest guidelines.To book an appointment please call/message us on 07889 249 349.Until...
Sportsman's Car Park
St Alban's Church