The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
TWiG: March 2019
Whichever way you turn, some residents (however small the numbers) continue to pay scant regard in dealing with the mess created by their dogs.
Our photograph shows 5 bags of dog mess which were left in just one section of Jubilee Wood and which were photographed yesterday whilst members of TWiG were undertaking conservation work.
What Does It Take?
- This unacceptable and anti-social problem has been raised at regular Parish Council Meetings.
- Next weekend, local cubs will literally be on their hands and knees working in this very area — digging and planting trees (this tree planting project was one of the successful funding applications supported by our Parish Council just last week).
- We published yet another 'Concern of the Week' regarding Dog Fouling back in January CLICK HERE
- A group within the village has positively been promoting the Green Dog Walkers' Scheme (fully supported by our Parish Council, the Tattenhall Business Alliance and Bolesworth Estate) and the launch of which is just next week — see previous article CLICK HERE.
- Children from The Park Primary School have all been involved in creating posters to raise awareness regarding this problem within our village, recognising how unacceptable dog fouling is and encouraging every dog owner to join the Green Dog Walkers' Scheme.
- We are on the cusp of community engagement in preparation for our upcoming participation in the Best Kept Village Award.
We repeat ... What Does It Take?
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
For smaller cooks and teens looking to develop their skills & confidence in the kitchen, we've teamed up with our Chef friends who run the Chefs adopt a school programme across the region.Through term time they run cookery sessions with children in schools, inspiring youngsters to cook, taste, understand and enjoy their food. Then during the holidays we welcome them into our school to share...
This is a level there-and-back walk, along the very attractive Montgomery Canal, with visits to one of St Winifred's holy wells, and to a very surprising little church. Distance, about 6 miles. There's an excellent cafe along the way for coffee, and perhaps for lunch on the way back.Meeting at 9.15 behind Alison's, or 10am at the start.The walk starts in the canal-side car...
Homewatch in Tattenhall want to raise awareness of a Police Call For Vigilance following a spate of burglary Incidents Involving Outbuildings, including sheds and garages. There have been a number of incidents in this village where garden tools, hedgecutters, strimmers, chainsaws have been stolen from sheds and outbuildings , but also the back of a van! One property in the village has had 3...
At the Flacca
Barbour Institute, High Street, Tattenhall