The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: January 2019
As we near the end of the month, and having re-worked our finances during January, it might be that we all need a gentle reminder to 'THINK LOCAL, SHOP LOCAL'.
Tattenhall is a key service centre and the diversity on our High Street is enviable.
With changing patterns of shopping, however, not one of us should be complacent; there is always the likelihood that if we fail to use our local shops and businesses, then we might just lose them.
- SPAR is having a complete refit during February on which we have already reported and specific details of opening hours during the refit we will report in due course.
- Our much loved Post Office and Pluto House Gift Shop, not only offers many of the postal and banking services that you require under one roof, but is an Aladdin's cave in relation to wrappings, cards, ribbons, stationery and so on.
- Nikki at Ditzy Rose is well into her spring workshops, courses and classes, but she also stocks a wide range of beautifully crafted goods and fresh flowers too!
- Mindfulness and well-being is now a lifestyle choice and there is so much available locally — terrific walks in the locality, together with a raft of classes at The Studio and a fantastic selection of yoga clothing and leisurewear at Shakti Shanti.
- Eateries are something we can all shout about, whether it is Alison's Coffee Shop and Tapas Evenings, or the sumptuous menus at Allium Bar and Grill which is currently advertising a host of events in the coming months.
- The spectacular refit of the 'Well Pharmacy' on Tattenhall High Street is something we all welcomed, particularly since we were 1 of only 9 shops selected for a major refit. Our Pharmacist, Brendan Nyss, offers a variety of clinical services or will signpost you in the right direction.
So, a reminder for us all 'THINK LOCAL, SHOP LOCAL'.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Organised by your PPG (Patient Participation Group), this is our first 'Family Health Hub Day'.Our combined patient footprint is +8000 patients over a wide rural area.Lots of individuals and groups have combined to provide an action-packed day full of useful tips, activities, healthy eating, mindfulness and well-being in support of healthier lifestyles for all of us.Full details...
Were you up and around and in the village at 7.00am last Thursday morning?Despite a very dismal and damp start, Paul Hellmers of PJH Outdoor Solutions embarked on the annual cut at Glebe Meadow (having completed Barn Field earlier in the week).Although the grasses and wildflowers were still providing a valuable source of pollen and nectar, it was felt that the time was right to set seed for...