The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: January 2019
As we near the end of the month, and having re-worked our finances during January, it might be that we all need a gentle reminder to 'THINK LOCAL, SHOP LOCAL'.
Tattenhall is a key service centre and the diversity on our High Street is enviable.
With changing patterns of shopping, however, not one of us should be complacent; there is always the likelihood that if we fail to use our local shops and businesses, then we might just lose them.
- SPAR is having a complete refit during February on which we have already reported and specific details of opening hours during the refit we will report in due course.
- Our much loved Post Office and Pluto House Gift Shop, not only offers many of the postal and banking services that you require under one roof, but is an Aladdin's cave in relation to wrappings, cards, ribbons, stationery and so on.
- Nikki at Ditzy Rose is well into her spring workshops, courses and classes, but she also stocks a wide range of beautifully crafted goods and fresh flowers too!
- Mindfulness and well-being is now a lifestyle choice and there is so much available locally — terrific walks in the locality, together with a raft of classes at The Studio and a fantastic selection of yoga clothing and leisurewear at Shakti Shanti.
- Eateries are something we can all shout about, whether it is Alison's Coffee Shop and Tapas Evenings, or the sumptuous menus at Allium Bar and Grill which is currently advertising a host of events in the coming months.
- The spectacular refit of the 'Well Pharmacy' on Tattenhall High Street is something we all welcomed, particularly since we were 1 of only 9 shops selected for a major refit. Our Pharmacist, Brendan Nyss, offers a variety of clinical services or will signpost you in the right direction.
So, a reminder for us all 'THINK LOCAL, SHOP LOCAL'.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
CarFest North takes place at Bolesworth from 26-28 July inclusive.Remaining CarFest North Tickets are being released on 1 May from 8.00am.Don't miss it!Congratulations to everyone who has already secured their tickets.BUT, remaining tickets will be released on 1 May.For more details, sign up to the official newsletter http://www.carfest.org/ticket-information.11(CLICK HERE...
Earth Day has been celebrated since 1970, started in the US, it is now a worldwide network. It seems more relevant than ever- Extinction Rebellion has been blocking streets in London, demanding that the Government reduce carbon emissions, pollution and address the fact that so many species are disappearing from the Earth.David Attenborough 's programmes on TV have highlighted the...
St Alban's Church
St Alban's Church