The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Homewatch: March 2019
Homewatch in Tattenhall want to raise awareness of a Police Call For Vigilance following a spate of burglary Incidents Involving Outbuildings, including sheds and garages.
There have been a number of incidents in this village where garden tools, hedgecutters, strimmers, chainsaws have been stolen from sheds and outbuildings , but also the back of a van! One property in the village has had 3 thefts from a shed over the years, two this last year, despite taking police advice and using the DNA marking fluid. So someone out there has a chainsaw clearly marked as stolen!
Such incidents have also occurred in Winsford, Northwich, Macclesfield, Wildboarclough, Alsager, Little Neston, Frodsham and Warrington.
Superintendent Laura Marler said: "The public can aid our fight against such crimes by contacting us if they see such burglaries being carried out or anyone acting suspiciously in their area.
"Information in relation to anyone carrying out, or suspected to be carrying out, such burglaries will also be gratefully received.
"Cheshire residents can also help us and themselves by making it as difficult as possible for criminals to break into their sheds, garages and other outbuildings.
"They can do this by following our anti-burglary advice."
The force's tips for deterring would-be burglars and protecting your outbuildings are:
- Never leave a garage, shed or other outbuilding unlocked and easy prey for opportunist thieves
- Fit strong padlocks to outbuilding doors and make sure that the doors are solid enough not to be kicked in
- Good external security lighting can put off or draw attention to a thief — the most appropriate form is high efficiency low energy lighting controlled by a dusk-to-dawn switch so that it only comes on when it is dark
- If you have external security lighting that comes on when sensing movement make sure that the lights are directed downwards to prevent them from being annoying to neighbours and dangerous to passing traffic
- Strong fencing or gates will make it difficult for intruders to get onto your land
- Solid fences or walls, particularly those with a flat or rounded top, are relatively easy for a burglar to climb over fixing trellising to the top can make it more difficult
- Check for weak spots where a thief could get onto your land, such as a low or sagging fence or a back gate with a weak lock
- A thorny hedge along the boundary of your property can put thieves off, as can gravel areas due to the noise of walking on them
Anyone with information about burglary incidents in the county should call Cheshire Constabulary on 101 or give the details via https://cheshire.police.uk/contact/general-enquiries.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
A41 Whitchurch Road (Milton Green Bridge) TattenhallTemporary road closure notice for Tattenhall which commences on 4th March 2020, Night time works from 19:00hrs to 05:30am.This is necessary for safety reasons to enable Urgent Bridge repair works and will be carried out by Cheshire West and Chester Borough Council.Link number: TRO5014Cheshire West and Chester Borough CouncilRoad...
The Welll Pharmacy TattenhallThere maybe signs of spring but winter is still here, we want to ensure we stay well and free of all those winter time bugs and viruses!Brendan and the team are keen to help with your health concerns, where they can. Currently there is a severe respiratory illness about that can follow a sore throat and cold symptoms. For most of us not really a GP issue...
Leaf is delighted to announce that it has been awarded the title of Best Day Spa in Cheshire in the 2020 Business Excellence Awards. Previous awards include Best Independent Spa, North West and UK's Best Small Spa with gold stars for: "an individual and bespoke approach" and "the unrivalled excellence of the therapists who create a truly holistic experience". Therapists...
The Recreation Club