The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
CWaC: June 2020
Cheshire West and Chester Council's Libraries Service is excited to be taking part in this year's all-new digital Summer Reading Challenge which is organised by The Reading Agency.
The theme this year is 'Silly Squad' which will offer families a chance to have fun and encourages children to read anything that makes them happy.
The Challenge launches virtually on Friday 5 June and will run throughout the summer until September and children can take part for free.
The Challenge will be available on the Silly Squad website, through the Reading Agency Facebook page and through a special Cheshire West webpage, social media, webpages and e-lending. This will include details of online events and activities that will be taking place during the summer.
More information will be coming soon, including posts on Twitter @cwaclibraries and on Facebook @cwaclibrary . This will include lots of interesting items and activities for both adults and children such as competitions, online rhyme-times and story-times, book reviews, LEGO challenges, STEM and craft activities and much more.
Those children without online access will also be provided for through resources provided by the Reading Agency and locally.
National events include:
- CBBC's Sam and Mark kick-off the party with their unique brand of 'silly' fun.
- Readings and jokes from authors including David Baddiel, Ben Fogle, Philip Ardagh, Paul O'Grady, Konnie Huq and Samantha Baines
- Silly Time with the BBC's Katie Thistleton and Hacker T Dog.
- Draw-a-Longs with official Summer Reading Challenge illustrator Laura Ellen Anderson, and Rob Biddulph.
- Magic Tricks and Mind-Bending Maths with Mr Bates from The Shed School.
- Poetry with performance poet and playwright Joseph Coelho.
- Crafts, colour and creativity with the original queen of colouring, Johanna Basford.
- Bedtime Reading session with actor Charlie Condou reading from This is Gus by Chris Chatterton, published by Macmillan Children's Books.
- Unveiling of the official 'Let's Get Silly!' theme song by Harry Baker and Chris Read.
CLICK HERE for more information from CWaC.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
In this series, we spend 10 minutes talking to someone who lives or works in Tattenhall and share our findings with you.Today, we're talking to Parish Councillor Esther Sadler-Williams.How are you?I am well thank you and hope your readers are too!.Where are you from?I was born in Edinburgh, but moved 'down south' when I was 15 as my dad had a new job with the what was...
Health and Wellbeing Week Online: Monday 25 January — Sunday 31 January 2021This year Health and Wellbeing Week is going online but we're still offering a range of free activities through our Facebook page to help improve your mental and physical wellbeing. We are teaming up with various partners to provide something for everyone including Cheshire Dance, Cheshire Archives, Cheshire...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park
Sportsmans Arms Car Park