The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
CWaC: June 2020
Cheshire West and Chester Council's Libraries Service is excited to be taking part in this year's all-new digital Summer Reading Challenge which is organised by The Reading Agency.
The theme this year is 'Silly Squad' which will offer families a chance to have fun and encourages children to read anything that makes them happy.
The Challenge launches virtually on Friday 5 June and will run throughout the summer until September and children can take part for free.
The Challenge will be available on the Silly Squad website, through the Reading Agency Facebook page and through a special Cheshire West webpage, social media, webpages and e-lending. This will include details of online events and activities that will be taking place during the summer.
More information will be coming soon, including posts on Twitter @cwaclibraries and on Facebook @cwaclibrary . This will include lots of interesting items and activities for both adults and children such as competitions, online rhyme-times and story-times, book reviews, LEGO challenges, STEM and craft activities and much more.
Those children without online access will also be provided for through resources provided by the Reading Agency and locally.
National events include:
- CBBC's Sam and Mark kick-off the party with their unique brand of 'silly' fun.
- Readings and jokes from authors including David Baddiel, Ben Fogle, Philip Ardagh, Paul O'Grady, Konnie Huq and Samantha Baines
- Silly Time with the BBC's Katie Thistleton and Hacker T Dog.
- Draw-a-Longs with official Summer Reading Challenge illustrator Laura Ellen Anderson, and Rob Biddulph.
- Magic Tricks and Mind-Bending Maths with Mr Bates from The Shed School.
- Poetry with performance poet and playwright Joseph Coelho.
- Crafts, colour and creativity with the original queen of colouring, Johanna Basford.
- Bedtime Reading session with actor Charlie Condou reading from This is Gus by Chris Chatterton, published by Macmillan Children's Books.
- Unveiling of the official 'Let's Get Silly!' theme song by Harry Baker and Chris Read.
CLICK HERE for more information from CWaC.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Lord Mayor of Chester, Cllr Mark Williams, popped into Tattenhall High Street on Friday morning to thank and support businesses that have worked through the pandemic and those who have reopened.Starting at the Village Market, still out doors at the moment, the Lord Mayor talked to stall holders and then walked up and down the High Street, stopping to speak to those business owners who...
Did you here the church bells on Sunday morning? A peel of 3 of the bells was rung to mark the recommencing of the 10.30 am Sunday Service. The Service successfully followed safety guidelines to ensure the welfare of parishioners. Going forward- The church did not open for private prayer on Wednesday 8th July as a funeral service took place the day before. We are allowing 72 hours between...
The Studio Tattenhall — Yoga On LineSome of the benefits of yoga:Improves flexibilityimproves mobilityincreases bone densityHelps reduce anxietyImproves sleepImproves cardio & circulatory healthIncrease muscle strength & toneFor next weeks on line time table and for more information contact Lynn Owen: 07870 373545shop local#support local businesses...
St Alban's Church
Barbour Institute (outside)
St Alban's Church
Malpas High St Car Park