The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: May 2016
We have our first submission for 'May', submitted by a local 12 year old. It is good to know that 12 year olds are using Tattenhall Online!
She writes '... I took this photo of the beautiful sunset, in the fields behind my house while I was walking my dog. I would like to enter it into the online photo competition ...'.
There is just over 1 week left to submit your May entries, with some fantastic monthly prizes to be won, as well as 3 very special December 2016 prizes!
We remind you of our principal Terms and Conditions:
1. Send in a photograph that you have taken of Tattenhall, together with your name, contact number and a brief description of the photograph.
2. Members of the Website Photographic Committee will select that photograph which they consider to be the outright monthly winner e.g. 'March Photo of the Month'.
6. No members of the Webteam shall be allowed to submit entries.
1. Each month, the outright winner will receive a £20 Voucher donated by Thom Morton to be spent at Spar.
2. During the month of December, winners will be announced in reverse order during the first 3 weeks of the month i.e. on 7 December we will announce our 3rd Prize winner; on 14 December we will announce our 2nd Prize winner and on 21 December (just in time for Christmas) we will announce our 1st Prize '2016 Tattenhall Online Photographer of the Year'.
We look forward to receiving your photographs. Good Luck!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Tattenhall Homewatch and Graham Marsden do a brilliant job in alerting residents to local crime, phishing scams etc. etc.Some scams look genuine but some are almost laughable in their ineptitude; this recent effort, purporting to be from the DVLA, is full of grammatical errors and,hopefully, shouldn't fool anyone."Your vehicle is no longer taxed. DVLA have been notified...
Bad News — Good NewsWe are inundated with news items about setbacks in our fight against Covid-19:* More areas are having to return to lockdown* Some schools are closing again* Hospital admissions are increasing* Track and Trace is strugglingTattenhall and other rural Cheshire areas have done relatively well in keeping the virus at bay but the lockdown relaxations possibly created a...
Through the past few months many of us have done more walking and have possibly discovered new footpaths in and in the neighbourhood of Tattenhall. Some are well trodden but on others you may have the path or track all to yourselves.For those who like maps, Pluto House stocks a handy pocket-sized publication 'Around & About Tattenhall & Beeston'. This is part of the Ordnance Survey...
High St Car Park, MALPAS
Sportsman's Car Park
Outside Barbour Institute