The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Tattenhall Business Alliance: July 2020
We are promoting 'Think Local First'.
The Tattenhall Business Alliance (TBA) identifies 7 good reasons for using local services:
- Think Local — Studies show that when you use independent, locally owned businesses, rather than nationally owned businesses, it strengthens the economic base of the local community.
- Keep our Community Unique — Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of Tattenhall. No-one likes losing shops and services but individuals don't necessarily equate this to how they spend their money. Local businesses will only survive if customers spend locally, thereby ensuring a vibrant village.
- Look Local to Save Money — Sometimes local goods and services may appear more expensive but if you add on travel, parking costs and your own time, the overall costs of going further afield is often much greater.
- Create More Jobs Locally — More than 700 people have their employment within 3 miles of Tattenhall High Street. Many of these people, in turn, spend money in the local economy. Look local to create local employment.
- Reduce Environmental Impact — We are all aware of CO2 emissions and our environmental impact. Looking local can help reduce your global footprint,
- Get Better Service - The recent pandemic has served to highlight the quality of our local services and that individuals receive better customer care from independent businesses who survive by their local reputation.
- Invest in Community - Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more interested in the community's future. Local businesses are proportionately more generous in their support for local charities, schools and community events.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The Parish Council is getting an increasing number of complaints regarding hedges overhanging various pavements around the Village.If your hedge runs along a pavement please make sure it is cut well back so as not to cause an...
Tattenhall Cricket Club will be holding Fun sessions for all primary school aged boys and girls at Tattenhall sports club with Henry Dobson and other qualified cricket coaches.This will take place EVERY Monday starting today August 10th- 14th September.Under 9's (up to year 4 ) 5-6 pm Under 11's (years 5-6) 6-7pmIn accordance with our ECB Clubmark Accreditation, all players must...
This popular, free and not for profit magazine, has always been full of local information, news, club events and acted as a handy directory of local businesses. It is the community of Tattenhall all together in one monthly publication. In a digital world it can sometimes be easy to overlook that there is still a part of the community without internet access who rely on the printed word. The...
Sportsman's Car Park
Outside the Barbour