The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Tattenhall Business Alliance: July 2020
We are promoting 'Think Local First'.
The Tattenhall Business Alliance (TBA) identifies 7 good reasons for using local services:
- Think Local — Studies show that when you use independent, locally owned businesses, rather than nationally owned businesses, it strengthens the economic base of the local community.
- Keep our Community Unique — Our one-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of Tattenhall. No-one likes losing shops and services but individuals don't necessarily equate this to how they spend their money. Local businesses will only survive if customers spend locally, thereby ensuring a vibrant village.
- Look Local to Save Money — Sometimes local goods and services may appear more expensive but if you add on travel, parking costs and your own time, the overall costs of going further afield is often much greater.
- Create More Jobs Locally — More than 700 people have their employment within 3 miles of Tattenhall High Street. Many of these people, in turn, spend money in the local economy. Look local to create local employment.
- Reduce Environmental Impact — We are all aware of CO2 emissions and our environmental impact. Looking local can help reduce your global footprint,
- Get Better Service - The recent pandemic has served to highlight the quality of our local services and that individuals receive better customer care from independent businesses who survive by their local reputation.
- Invest in Community - Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more interested in the community's future. Local businesses are proportionately more generous in their support for local charities, schools and community events.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As summer changes to autumn, TWiG (Tattenhall Wildlife Group) will again be coppicing the hazels which they manage at the edge of Jubilee Wood.The response to TWiG's sustainable initiative has been absolutely staggering; both locally and from further afield.Individuals and groups from as far as the Wirral, Merseyside, Warrington, Penyffordd, Rowton and Chester have previously collected...
What happens when you grow and show? You have the recipe for a great family day out as proved on Sunday when the Tattenhall Garden Society (TGS), along with the Tattenhall Allotments Association (TAA), had their annual show at the Tattenhall allotment site. The "allotmenteers" had had their 10th birthday party on Saturday afternoon then on Sunday they joined with the...
High St Car Park, MALPAS
Sportsman's Car Park