The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Jonathan Fell: September 2017
Never out of the press, Cheshire Ice Cream Farm has now been featured in The Sunday Telegraph no less, with a double page spread in the 'Country Matters' section (27 August, pages 10-11).
The meteoric rise of this family business which started as a sideline but which is now one of the UK's leading free attractions. is charted from its humble beginnings just over 30 years ago.
This member of the Webteam, like many of you I suspect, remembers her children climbing up to the viewing gallery to watch the cows being milked, followed by a hefty scoop of the farm's 'signature' vanilla ice cream. Nostalgia aside, however, this is now a state-of-the-art enterprise and visitor attraction.
Jonathan Fell, Director, shares some pretty astonishing statistics ....
- The Ice Cream Farm gets through 422,700 pints of milk a year in the production of the ice cream
- They produce more than 50 flavours of ice cream
- More than 275 people are employed in this successful business
- Throughout 2016 over 800,000 people visited the site
- Cheshire Ice Cream Farm enjoys the accolade of being the world's largest purpose-built ice cream parlour (Guinness World Records endorsed)
- It is also listed in the top 20 most visited free attractions in the country (admission is free and individual rides cost between £1-£3.75. Visitors like the idea that it's their choice as to how much they spend).
- The Ice Cream Farm has evolved from its early attractions of crazy golf and coin operated quad bikes to the biggest ice cream parlour, the largest indoor sand and water play area in Europe (known as Honeycomb Canyon), actual JCB diggers for visitors to 'scoop' ice cream and a Magical Ice Cream Tree that sings every 15 minutes and releases freezing mist.
So what next you ask? Well let's wait and see BUT we are sure that Jonathan will continue to allow his imagination to run riot!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The rain just kept on coming and Facebook and other platforms have been full of information regarding road closures, raised manhole covers, full culverts, blocked gutters and saturated ground. And then it SNOWED!Tattenhall has clearly not escaped.There is flooding at Old Mill Place and in Millfield (in just minutes) and roads are now completely under water.The volume of rain has been...
We know how frustrating the waiting is in receiving the 'call' for your first vaccine.To dispel any anecdotal comments and/or misinformation, this is the very latest update from our Practice (as you all know the goalposts are changing all the time and the workload is huge, but this is accurate at the time of writing this article).The majority of our Village Surgeries Group (VSG)...
Thank you to everyone who has positively commented and thanked us for the priority designated shopping slots for key workers.AND, to lift everyone's spirits still further, we are offering FREE coffee, all day, this Friday (22 January).This isn't any FREE coffee — this is 'LAVAZZA COFFEE' you shout — Italy's favourite espresso!Stay safe everyone and please remember...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park
Sportsmans Arms Car Park