The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Cheshire Police/ Webteam: November 2019
MAKE SURE TATTENHALL IS SAFE
We like to think that a quiet, respectable village like Tattenhall is safe from predatory drug pushing criminals. However nearby Cheshire towns have been subjected to the horrific activities of pushers of heroin and crack cocaine. The effects of these addictive, life -threatening substances are devastating and the pushers are attempting to recruit young people and people with learning difficulties as distributors. This evil network is referred to as County Lines.
It is not our intention to be alarmist about this threat but rather to increase our community's vigilance to spot problems before they develop. Today the threat is to small Cheshire towns. Our villages could be next.
Cheshire Constabulary website has much information about this. Click on links below:
WHAT WE CAN DO
Signs to look out for that someone is involved in County Lines:
* Returning home late, staying out all night or going missing
* Being found in areas away from home
* Increasing drug use, or being found to have large amounts of drugs on them
* Being secretive about who they are talking to and where they are going
* Unexplained absences from school, college, training or work
* Unexplained money, phone(s), clothes or jewellery
* Increasingly disruptive or aggressive behaviour
* Using sexual, drug-related or violent language you wouldn't expect them to know
* Coming home with injuries or looking particularly dishevelled
* Having hotel cards or keys to unknown places
Signs communities should look out for
People calling at a local address often at unsociable hours
Suspicious vehicles or people visiting an address
If you have not seen a neighbour for a while
If something doesn't feel right and you believe criminal activity is taking place in your community come forward by either:
Calling Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
Email general enquiries
If someone's life is in danger dial 999
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Alison's Country Kitchen re-opens 6th July with social distancing measures in place. Home deliveries will also continue.See update below:"I am just writing to thank you for your continued support during what has been a very difficult time for myself, the hospitality trade and many people. We love our coffee shop and being part of the community and...
Pluto House Gift Shop expands product rangeAs from Thursday, 2nd July, flower arrangements designed by Cat-Kins Flowers will be on sale at Pluto House Gift Shop, located within our village Post Office..You can find more details about the flowers and business on Facebook CLICK HERE and Instagram 'flowers by...
.The Village Market is back outside the Barbour Institute from 9.00 — 11 am every Friday with home baking, Jams, Vegetables and a variety of...
Outside the Barbour
St Alban's Church
St Alban's Church