The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: August 2015
You will recall Carol's success at Tatton RHS Flower Show earlier this month (see our archived 'News' stories on the Toolbar; Carol is photographed on the left).
'Carol's Garden' is developing into a productive 'model' vegetable, fruit and flower garden. She hopes it will be an inspiring place for you to visit, to learn to grow and make the most of produce and to share experiences.
Carol also runs a series of workshops during the summer months.
Today's workshop (Sunday 16 August 10-1pm) is entitled 'Growing Flowers for Cutting' — it is already fully booked but there are others coming up, so watch this space ....
To give you a taste of what's involved .....
This workshop comprises:
* choosing varieties, sowing, planting, staking, cutting
* conditioning & care for cut flowers
* Making a hand-tied bouquet of home grown flowers.
If you would like to participate in any workshop, then just check that there is still availability (see below):
* All workshops are £30, including refreshments
* Each workshop is 3 hours in length, to include practical work where appropriate
* Groups are small & informal so you get to learn what you want to know
* Workshops are based on Carol's site in Harthill, West Cheshire
* To book: Teleohone 01829 782895 or visit Carol's website: CLICK HERE
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
At the July meeting of your PPG, two issues concerning defibrillators were discussed.The need for a 'Community Public Access Defibrillator' (CPAD), located in the centre of the village and which is available 24 hours a dayThe need for an accurate list of where the Tattenhall Defibrillators are locatedCurrently all defibrillators are located within buildings which are...
Just some advance notice everyone.Due to operational issues, Tattenhall Post Office and Pluto House Gift Shop will be CLOSED as follows:On Saturday 20 JulyOn Monday 22 July — a.m. The Post Office and Gift Shop will RE-OPEN at 12 noon on Monday 22 JulyThank you for your support during this period.Kind regards, Lesley...
Community Room, St Alban's
Ditzy Rose Makery