The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: August 2015
You will recall Carol's success at Tatton RHS Flower Show earlier this month (see our archived 'News' stories on the Toolbar; Carol is photographed on the left).
'Carol's Garden' is developing into a productive 'model' vegetable, fruit and flower garden. She hopes it will be an inspiring place for you to visit, to learn to grow and make the most of produce and to share experiences.
Carol also runs a series of workshops during the summer months.
Today's workshop (Sunday 16 August 10-1pm) is entitled 'Growing Flowers for Cutting' — it is already fully booked but there are others coming up, so watch this space ....
To give you a taste of what's involved .....
This workshop comprises:
* choosing varieties, sowing, planting, staking, cutting
* conditioning & care for cut flowers
* Making a hand-tied bouquet of home grown flowers.
If you would like to participate in any workshop, then just check that there is still availability (see below):
* All workshops are £30, including refreshments
* Each workshop is 3 hours in length, to include practical work where appropriate
* Groups are small & informal so you get to learn what you want to know
* Workshops are based on Carol's site in Harthill, West Cheshire
* To book: Teleohone 01829 782895 or visit Carol's website: CLICK HERE
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
What you need to know...Action Fraud has experienced an increase in the reporting of malicious calls, voicemails, text messages or emails to members of the public purporting to be from HMRC.The fraudsters state that as a result of their non-payment of tax or other duty, the victim is liable to prosecution or other legal proceedings such as repossession of belongings to settle the balance...
Evidence suggests that participating in group activities, such as singing, is good for health and well being. Some of you will be delighted to learn, therefore, that a new daytime 'Silver Singers Choir' for the over 50s is starting in the village.'Are you happy because you sing, or, do you sing to be happy'?The first session is FREE and then £5 for each class...
Ditzy Rose Makery, High Street, Tattenhall
At The Flacca