The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: August 2015
You will recall Carol's success at Tatton RHS Flower Show earlier this month (see our archived 'News' stories on the Toolbar; Carol is photographed on the left).
'Carol's Garden' is developing into a productive 'model' vegetable, fruit and flower garden. She hopes it will be an inspiring place for you to visit, to learn to grow and make the most of produce and to share experiences.
Carol also runs a series of workshops during the summer months.
Today's workshop (Sunday 16 August 10-1pm) is entitled 'Growing Flowers for Cutting' — it is already fully booked but there are others coming up, so watch this space ....
To give you a taste of what's involved .....
This workshop comprises:
* choosing varieties, sowing, planting, staking, cutting
* conditioning & care for cut flowers
* Making a hand-tied bouquet of home grown flowers.
If you would like to participate in any workshop, then just check that there is still availability (see below):
* All workshops are £30, including refreshments
* Each workshop is 3 hours in length, to include practical work where appropriate
* Groups are small & informal so you get to learn what you want to know
* Workshops are based on Carol's site in Harthill, West Cheshire
* To book: Teleohone 01829 782895 or visit Carol's website: CLICK HERE
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
From 22 March until 23 April, is the GREAT BRITISH SPRING CLEAN!Let's help improve the environment on our very own doorstep. We are calling on all our community organisations and local businesses to get involved in collecting and safely disposing of litter from our village and recycling as much of it as possible: So, to organise a clean-up, send us the details and we'll...
We have just received notice that lengths of roads on Chester Road, Tattenhall, will be closed on Friday, 22 March.This closure will be in force for a maximum of 5 days but it is anticipated that the work will last for approximately 1 day.The closure of lengths of Chester Road is to enable carriageway patching works to be undertaken by CWaC.For diversion route, please see our attached...
Alison's Cafe, Jupiter House, High Street
The Vault, St Alban's