The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Jill Hughes: June 2016
Well, it might be Referendum Day but 23 June is the 4th Thursday of the month and time for our next U3A Walk. Remember, you don't have to be a U3A member to join us for a couple of trial walks but after that, we do ask you to join the group.
This walk starts at Abakhan's; for anyone who is not familiar with the area, we get to Abakhan's via the A55, taking the A5026 through Holywell down to the A548 where you turn left onto the coast road and Abakhan's is on the right.
We suggest you bring a picnic, and we can stop off at Abakhan's cafe for refreshments after the walk.
If we meet at Alison's at 9.15am or Abakhan at 10.00am, I think we should be
finished by 2pm including a coffee/snack stop. Please let me know if you can come, and where you will meet; this is particularly important if you plan to meet at Abakhan's so that I can let you know of any change in plans — jillhug@ hotmail.co.uk or 01829 770634
- The walk is about 6 miles through a mixture of meadows (see photo), woodland, the Coastal Path and the occasional metalled pathway.
- Starting from the car park at Abakhan at LLanerch-Y-Mor on the A548, we will walk uphill through Downing to Whitford, returning through Mostyn, then following the Coastal Path passing close to
The Duke of Lancaster.
- Possibility of two short detours to visit:
1. A Trout Farm where we could have tea or coffee, feed the trout for 50p and buy fresh rainbow trout.
2. A waterfall marked on the OS map.
- Walking boots required as there is a section where the path follows a stream bed, poles might be an advantage on a couple of steep paths.
- No cows seen!
- One field with sheep, and no stiles!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are very excited to announce that we will be re-opening our Aldford and Tattenhall salons on Wednesday 2nd December.December is a very busy month for us and we now have limited availability until after Christmas. We are working to fit in as many appointments as possible whilst adhering to the latest guidelines.To book an appointment please call/message us on 07889 249 349.Until...
Many of you will have noticed the spectacular skeins of pink-footed geese flying over the village in the mornings and evenings recently. The first photo was taken from the Sandstone Trail one misty day this week. CLICK ON images to enlargeThe geese we see are mainly roosting in the Dee Estuary within the Burton Mere Wetlands RSPB site and fly south to graze on grain, winter cereals...
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on the following lengths of roads in Tattenhall Ward to enable Carriageway repairs works to be carried out by Cheshire West And Chester CouncilNewton LaneNothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle...
Sportsman's Car Park
St Alban's Church