The next U3A walk is on Thursday 9th August; to be led by Graham and Janet.
The walk is a 3 mile stroll in the Kelsall area starting from the car park on Yeld Lane and walking around to Pale Heights and on to Eddisbury Hillfort.
Directions to Yeld Lane Car Park
- We will be meeting at Alison's at 9:30 or 10:00 at the Yeld car park.
- From Tattenhall take the road through Huxley and turn left at the junction.
- Follow the lane past the 50p shop, across the next junction and join the A51 by the side of Okells Garden Centre.
- Turn left onto the A51 and then right at the next island onto the A54 towards Kelsall.
- After the road becomes a dual carraigeway there is a set of traffic lights, turn right here and then almost immediately right again onto Yeld Lane.
- The car park is about 1/3 of a mile on the left hand side of the road.
- It is also the car park for Mount Pleasant Gardens.
- The post code is CW6 0TB
- There is a shorter route crossing the A51 and going through Kelsall but the A51/54 is better for people not familiar with the area.
- The route has only a couple of gentle short climbs and if you don't know Pale Heights the views are wonderful so do bring your binoculars. There was no mud, stiles nor animals when we walked the route on Tuesday.
- Afterwards we are going to eat at the Fishpool Inn, so please let Graham know if you want to eat there.
As I'm not free to walk will you please reply directly to Graham on email@example.com letting him know if you can go, where you will meet and if you will be going to the Fishpool Inn afterwards.
PS. You need to be a member of the U3A to join us; it only costs £15 a year to access all our activities.