The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: August 2018
Sunday 2nd September
Are you getting ready for the show? Sort out those works of art, those glorious photos of this hot summer, those craft items that you have completed whilst sitting in the shade and the flowers and veg that have struggled or thrived through the heat.
This is the week for children to get busy with their entries, before they go back to school.
Children under 7 :
- A vegesaurus,
- A garden on plate,
- Something you have made, not from a kit,
- A photograph of an animal
Children aged 8-11
- Something you have made, not from a kit
- A plate of decorated cupcakes
- A drawing or painting of something in the garden ( e.g. a plant, a flower, a bench, a slug!)
- An interesting photograph taken in the village.
Entires to be brought to Barbour Institute Sunday 2nd September between 9 and 11.30 am. Judging takes place at lunchtime, open to public from 2.30 to 4pm.
Have a go and have fun!
This is also the time you can join the Tattenhall Gardening Society, this seasons talks start on October 10th with Laura Willgoss ' A new Take on Bedding '.
This talk shows you a modern way to use annuals, biennials, tender perennials and bulbs in the garden for vibrant borders throughout the season.