The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Office of Antoinette Sandbach: April 2019
Whilst it might be argued that most of the nation continues to suffer from' Brexit Fatigue', we publish below the summary findings from the Online Survey which was conducted by our MP, Antoinette Sandbach.
These findings have been received from the Office of our Eddisbury MP for immediate release:
- The online survey run by Antoinette Sandbach MP had more than 1,500 responses in less than 1 week.
- It showed that a 'no deal' Brexit was vehemently opposed by two thirds of respondents and that Eddisbury constituents thought that revoking Article 50 was preferable to no deal.
- The most popular Brexit deal of all (reflected in the 1500 responses) was for Common Market 2.0, which would see the UK maintaining its economic ties with the continent while leaving the political institutions of the EU — such as the ECJ and CAP.
- The least popular option was for a Canada style deal, the so called 'hard-Brexit' option.
- It also showed that if a second referendum was held, respondents would lean heavily towards remain.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The February meeting of the Parish Council, will be held on Monday 3rd February at 7.30pm in the Barbour Institute.As always, the draft minutes from the previous meeting can be found on the Parish Council website or by CLICKING HERE.Similarly, the agenda (and associated documents) can be viewed on the Parish Council website in...
Cheshire West and Chester Council is inviting residents to nominate a local war time hero from the borough who is worthy of special recognition.A number of names will be selected from the nominations to be given a unique and permanent tribute, literally, on the streets of the borough. To mark 100 years of Council Housing and the "Homes fit for Heroes" which were...
A new online 'one- stop shop' for people living in west Cheshire has been launched. Live Well Cheshire West allows users to search for information on local services for themselves, family members or people they're caring for. The site will help people who are looking for advice or information on all aspects of local life. This might be health, education, housing, transport, care...
The Letters Inn