The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Office of Antoinette Sandbach: April 2019
Whilst it might be argued that most of the nation continues to suffer from' Brexit Fatigue', we publish below the summary findings from the Online Survey which was conducted by our MP, Antoinette Sandbach.
These findings have been received from the Office of our Eddisbury MP for immediate release:
- The online survey run by Antoinette Sandbach MP had more than 1,500 responses in less than 1 week.
- It showed that a 'no deal' Brexit was vehemently opposed by two thirds of respondents and that Eddisbury constituents thought that revoking Article 50 was preferable to no deal.
- The most popular Brexit deal of all (reflected in the 1500 responses) was for Common Market 2.0, which would see the UK maintaining its economic ties with the continent while leaving the political institutions of the EU — such as the ECJ and CAP.
- The least popular option was for a Canada style deal, the so called 'hard-Brexit' option.
- It also showed that if a second referendum was held, respondents would lean heavily towards remain.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Along with feeders and bird baths, a bird box is high up on the list of a bird's basic needs. As well as providing a home for birds to bring up their families in spring and summer, a bird box will also provide shelter in the winter.When we asked you take photographs of Tattenhall whilst you were on your daily exercise regime (public health social distancing accepted), I think it would...
Our local butcher, Gerry Farrell, has decided to face new challenges. After 18 years of providing us with a friendly and skilful service, he and his wife will take a well-earned holiday for the first time for a number of years, while he decides which direction to take in the future. For once, Gerry was almost stuck for words and failed to think of any jokes to add to those he has...
PARISH NEWSBecause of the Coronavirus crisis, the Tattenhall, Handley and Burwardsley Parish News will not be published until the situation returns to normal.The date of the next publication will be announced in good time for articles to be written and sent in. Advertisers will be contacted soon to review the situation.Jane RichardsSt Alban's...
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church
St Alban' Church