Celebrating 100 Years Of Support
On Saturday 15th May, The Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal celebrates it's Centenary. CLICK HERE to view what is planned.
There are a few things happening on Saturday itself:
- From 9am watch our Facebook livestream as we re-create the moment from 100 years ago when veterans from four organisations, brought together by Earl Haig and Sir Frederick Lister, laid wreaths as a symbol of unity and formed the British Legion CLICK HERE to View
- The RAF Battle of Britain Flight will conduct a flypast as part of our centenary celebrations, with a route taking them over our care home Galanos House in Warwickshire
- EMIRATES FA CUP FINAL In the build up to the Emirates FA Cup final at Wembley look out for a special RBL commemorative coin created by our partner, Westminster Collection, that will be used in the coin toss before kick-off at 5.15pm.
- Many Legionnaires are also taking on challenges with 100 in mind, our Community Funraiser covering West Cheshire, Ruth Jones, will be starting the "100 Mile Challenge" running 2.5 miles each day for the next 40 days in as many Poppy Appeal districts as possible starting on Saturday afternoon in Birkenhead where David Bish, the Tattenhall RBL organiser, will be joining her.
- Also on Saturday, David Bish will be manning a Poppy Appeal stand in the Village Market and will have RBL100 and 2021 Poppy Pins and Lamppost Poppies for sale.