The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: July 2015
Today is the last day in which to make your feelings known regarding the proposed closure of our Post Office in Pluto House on the High Street. This story has had well over 850 hits. If you log on to postofficeviews.co.uk you still have time to complete the questionnaire.
* the Post Office has received over 150 letters from the community
* our MP, Antoinette Sandbach, has joined 'the cause'
* the Parish Council has joined 'the cause'
* Post Office representatives attended the Open Forum of the July Parish Council Meeting
* They provided an overview of plans to modernise the Post Office network
* They maintained that the Post Office in its current format was unsustainable
* They stated that failure to relocate to the Budgens store would lead to ultimate closure on the High Street
* They made no reference to Tattenhall's status as a 'key centre'
* They paid scant regard to our 'Neighbourhood Plan' and the 'vibrancy' of our High Street
* They failed to produce any design layouts for visual consideration by our community
* Their argument in the successful handling of parcels at peak times of the day was 'flaky'
* They made no reference to current housing developments or the future 'Care Village' on footfall
Time is short:
Submit your comments to the PO network via email (postofficeviews.co.uk); the code for our Tattenhall post office branch is 342614
The deadline for receipt of submissions is today, 24 July 2015.
Continue to watch this space!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
The AGM of your Patient Participation Group (PPG) will be held in Farndon Memorial Hall on 21 November 2018 at 7pm.As part of the formal proceedings of the AGM, the positions listed below will be considered for election/re-election.ChairVice ChairSecretaryShould you be interested in one of these roles, then please email email@example.com and provide:your nomination details to...
Alert from Cheshire PoliceThere have been reports of a gang from the Cambridge area targeting high value tractors and John Deere navigation systems to steal for export. If you are subjected to any incidents or have witnessed anything then please call 101 non-emergency and 999 in an emergency. Caller can remain anonymous. State IN1810026674 when calling...
Thank you to everyone for your very kind comments in relation to the Exhibition Posters entitled 'A Community United By War' and to those of you who have already walked the Heritage Trail as well as those of you who have read the Interpretation Panel, now located opposite our War Memorial.It has been very rewarding to hear such positive comments and to know that you have learned so much...
St Alban's Church