The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: July 2015
Today is the last day in which to make your feelings known regarding the proposed closure of our Post Office in Pluto House on the High Street. This story has had well over 850 hits. If you log on to postofficeviews.co.uk you still have time to complete the questionnaire.
* the Post Office has received over 150 letters from the community
* our MP, Antoinette Sandbach, has joined 'the cause'
* the Parish Council has joined 'the cause'
* Post Office representatives attended the Open Forum of the July Parish Council Meeting
* They provided an overview of plans to modernise the Post Office network
* They maintained that the Post Office in its current format was unsustainable
* They stated that failure to relocate to the Budgens store would lead to ultimate closure on the High Street
* They made no reference to Tattenhall's status as a 'key centre'
* They paid scant regard to our 'Neighbourhood Plan' and the 'vibrancy' of our High Street
* They failed to produce any design layouts for visual consideration by our community
* Their argument in the successful handling of parcels at peak times of the day was 'flaky'
* They made no reference to current housing developments or the future 'Care Village' on footfall
Time is short:
Submit your comments to the PO network via email (postofficeviews.co.uk); the code for our Tattenhall post office branch is 342614
The deadline for receipt of submissions is today, 24 July 2015.
Continue to watch this space!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
What you need to know...Action Fraud has experienced an increase in the reporting of malicious calls, voicemails, text messages or emails to members of the public purporting to be from HMRC.The fraudsters state that as a result of their non-payment of tax or other duty, the victim is liable to prosecution or other legal proceedings such as repossession of belongings to settle the balance...
Evidence suggests that participating in group activities, such as singing, is good for health and well being. Some of you will be delighted to learn, therefore, that a new daytime 'Silver Singers Choir' for the over 50s is starting in the village.'Are you happy because you sing, or, do you sing to be happy'?The first session is FREE and then £5 for each class...
Ditzy Rose Makery, High Street, Tattenhall
At The Flacca