The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: July 2015
Today is the last day in which to make your feelings known regarding the proposed closure of our Post Office in Pluto House on the High Street. This story has had well over 850 hits. If you log on to postofficeviews.co.uk you still have time to complete the questionnaire.
* the Post Office has received over 150 letters from the community
* our MP, Antoinette Sandbach, has joined 'the cause'
* the Parish Council has joined 'the cause'
* Post Office representatives attended the Open Forum of the July Parish Council Meeting
* They provided an overview of plans to modernise the Post Office network
* They maintained that the Post Office in its current format was unsustainable
* They stated that failure to relocate to the Budgens store would lead to ultimate closure on the High Street
* They made no reference to Tattenhall's status as a 'key centre'
* They paid scant regard to our 'Neighbourhood Plan' and the 'vibrancy' of our High Street
* They failed to produce any design layouts for visual consideration by our community
* Their argument in the successful handling of parcels at peak times of the day was 'flaky'
* They made no reference to current housing developments or the future 'Care Village' on footfall
Time is short:
Submit your comments to the PO network via email (postofficeviews.co.uk); the code for our Tattenhall post office branch is 342614
The deadline for receipt of submissions is today, 24 July 2015.
Continue to watch this space!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
For smaller cooks and teens looking to develop their skills & confidence in the kitchen, we've teamed up with our Chef friends who run the Chefs adopt a school programme across the region.Through term time they run cookery sessions with children in schools, inspiring youngsters to cook, taste, understand and enjoy their food. Then during the holidays we welcome them into our school to share...
This is a level there-and-back walk, along the very attractive Montgomery Canal, with visits to one of St Winifred's holy wells, and to a very surprising little church. Distance, about 6 miles. There's an excellent cafe along the way for coffee, and perhaps for lunch on the way back.Meeting at 9.15 behind Alison's, or 10am at the start.The walk starts in the canal-side car...
Homewatch in Tattenhall want to raise awareness of a Police Call For Vigilance following a spate of burglary Incidents Involving Outbuildings, including sheds and garages. There have been a number of incidents in this village where garden tools, hedgecutters, strimmers, chainsaws have been stolen from sheds and outbuildings , but also the back of a van! One property in the village has had 3...
At the Flacca
Barbour Institute, High Street, Tattenhall