The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: March 2019
Tattenhall has changed much in recent years with new housing developments and lots of new residents moving into the area.
There are important local issues which matter to the village such as the lack of open space, maintaining the vitality of our High Street, car parking, future planning needs, community initiatives, speed limit enforcements, the Review of our Neighbourhood Plan — the list goes on.
- It is important that the composition of the Parish Council reflects the diversity of our changing village and that we are equipped to embrace the challenges (and rewards) of the future.
- It is also important that we are prepared in passing the baton on during the next decade; many of our Parish Councillors have given a huge commitment over many many years.
- 15 Seats are available and wouldn't it be terrific if at least 15 or more candidates put themselves forward on this occasion
'Our Village Matters' — make a difference and get involved.
On 2 May 2019 there are:
- Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWaC) Elections, and
- Elections for our own Parish Council, here in Tattenhall and its immediate District
You can view 'How to Become A Councillor and Why' by CLICKING HERE.
If you are interested in standing for Tattenhall & District Parish Council and would like to find out more, then please do not hesitate to contact the Parish Council CLICK HERE and don't forget that you can pop into the Country Market where the PC has a presence every Friday morning.
Cheshire West and Chester Council are also holding some events you might like to attend.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
For smaller cooks and teens looking to develop their skills & confidence in the kitchen, we've teamed up with our Chef friends who run the Chefs adopt a school programme across the region.Through term time they run cookery sessions with children in schools, inspiring youngsters to cook, taste, understand and enjoy their food. Then during the holidays we welcome them into our school to share...
This is a level there-and-back walk, along the very attractive Montgomery Canal, with visits to one of St Winifred's holy wells, and to a very surprising little church. Distance, about 6 miles. There's an excellent cafe along the way for coffee, and perhaps for lunch on the way back.Meeting at 9.15 behind Alison's, or 10am at the start.The walk starts in the canal-side car...
Homewatch in Tattenhall want to raise awareness of a Police Call For Vigilance following a spate of burglary Incidents Involving Outbuildings, including sheds and garages. There have been a number of incidents in this village where garden tools, hedgecutters, strimmers, chainsaws have been stolen from sheds and outbuildings , but also the back of a van! One property in the village has had 3...
At the Flacca
Barbour Institute, High Street, Tattenhall