Everyone's heard that Greater Manchester is to have a clean air zone from June 2022 because of the news coverage, but how aware are we of the other changes to driving regulations that come into force during 2022?
There are 11 changes being introduced, and some may well catch us out if we're not careful. A brief summary of these changes:
- Mobile Phones: tougher laws
- Road Tax: potential increases
- Fuel Duty: rapid rising of fuel costs continues
- Health Checks: (for DVLA) nurses and other health professional will be able to do these, not just Drs
- Highway Code: hierarchy of users changes
- Council £70 fines: new powers being made available
- Pavement parking ban: on-the-spot fines of £70 available to Councils
- Red diesel and rebated biofuels: new restrictions of their use from April 2022
- Built in Electric Vehicle charging points: required in all new buildings – housing and commercial
- Speed limiters: all new cars will require Intelligent Speed Assistance boxes
- Local Clean Air Zones: Greater Manchester from May 30th 2022, and others follow or are extended.
Overwhelmed? Wondering how it affects you?
Then check out the fuller details: Cheshire Live or: mirror online