The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
VSG/PPG: March 2020
It hardly seems possible that just 3 weeks ago we introduced changes to how the Surgeries at both Tattenhall and Farndon operate. Our principal objectives, of course, were to safeguard our patients and our staff from possible COVID-19 infection. With collective support from our patient footprint and from our staff, we have massively reduced the numbers of patients coming into both surgeries and for that we thank you all.
With new Government measures being announced to combat the spread of this infection on a daily basis, we ask you to please be mindful that this takes a short while (sometimes a few days) for the NHS to advise us of the changes to be effected at local level.
As we are all now aware, this is a national and international health crisis and we must all do our bit to protect ourselves, our loved ones and our communities.
There are a number of things to bear in mind which will allow us to continue to provide a service to you and, importantly, how you can play your part too.
- ONLY request a telephone appointment if you feel it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Our staff and clinicians are working under intense pressure.
- Contact us only by telephone if at all possible. DO NOT come to the surgeries if your issue can be dealt with over the telephone.
- Yes, our phone lines are extra busy and the wait might be longer. We have an issue with our clinicians trying to dial out to speak to patients when so many calls are incoming. If you are not trying to book an appointment, it would be really helpful to us if you waited until the afternoon to telephone us.
- If you do not already have our online service, please contact us to set this up for you. This allows you to book appointments, order repeat medication and many other services without the need to telephone us. Use this to HELP US, HELP YOU!
- If you have not already nominated a pharmacy to which we should send any prescription you might need electronically, then please do so the next time you request repeat medication. We will shortly nominate the pharmacy nearest to your address if you do not tell us of your first choice.
'THANK YOU' once again for supporting our attempts to provide you with a service whilst trying to protect EVERYONE.
Regards, your Village Surgeries and Patient Participation Group
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As a retired theatre nurse I felt that I should be doing something to help during this difficult time.Up until recently I have been running 'The Loss Cafe' in the village but family commitments required me to step down. Like many of you have time on my hands during the present conditions and I decided to get my sewing machine out to make scrubs for the NHS. The purchase of fabric for...
West Cheshire Rural U3A updateDue to the current restrictions for COVID 19, West Cheshire Rural U3A monthly meetings are currently not taking place, however that doesn't mean all our group activities had stopped. Some group activities are continuing online, including the Poetry Group and the Ukulele Group.We normally produce a U3A monthly newsletter which is printed and distributed to...
Along with feeders and bird baths, a bird box is high up on the list of a bird's basic needs. As well as providing a home for birds to bring up their families in spring and summer, a bird box will also provide shelter in the winter.When we asked you take photographs of Tattenhall whilst you were on your daily exercise regime (public health social distancing accepted), I think it would...
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church
St Alban' Church