The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: March 2020
We remind you of a previously published article.
There cannot be anyone who doesn't know Alison Pritchard, who is passionate about 'Alison's Country Kitchen' on the High Street — a hub for cafe conversation and community engagement. What a difference one woman can make to a community — her selfless contributions to the life of this village over a substantial period of time have been extraordinary.
Since Alison is not one for promoting her own achievements, then this member of Tattenhall Online set about discovering how COVID-19 has affected her business, a nucleus within the village, as well as discovering her plans to survive this unprecedented crisis.
To say that Alison is devastated is an under statement — we all know how hard she has worked in building up this enviable business in the centre of Tattenhall. With 5 staff who are like family, the impact is potentially huge.
The stalwart that Alison is, however, she is picking herself up, dusting herself off, and offering a home delivery service, providing delicious, homemade goodies. She will be supplementing anything that she doesn't stock with purchases from SPAR Tattenhall, thereby keeping everything within the village. Alison you might recall, established the Tattenhall Business Alliance, to which she is still committed. Businesses are in this together!
The delivery service is available to absolutely everyone, not just the elderly.
- Ring: 01829 771330
- Email: email@example.com
- Place your order between 9am — 11am
- Deliveries will take place on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays
- Minimum order £10
- Most products will freeze and reheating guidelines will be provided
- Quiches & Flans — Cheese and Onion, Stilton and Bacon, Cheese and Broccoli, Goats Cheese and Spinach
- Homemade Steak Pies
- Homemade Meals — Beef Cottage Pie, Chicken Curry and Rice, Mushroom Stroganoff and Rice, Sausage Casserole and Mash
- Homemade Soups — Leek and Potato or Stilton and Broccoli
- A variety of Cakes which freeze perfectly — Lemon Drizzle, Fruit Tea-bread, Chocolate, Coffee, Victoria, the list goes on
- Tarts — Bakewell or Lancashire Lemon
- Sandwiches — you name it, Alison seems to offer it with brown or white bread
- Selection of mixed fresh vegetables and mixed salad stuff
- Mrs Darlington's jams and marmalades
So, please SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES — we are all in this together.
Images for illustrative purposes only
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
We are just coming to the end of national lockdown in England (December 1st). Tomorrow (December 2nd) Tattenhall enters into Covid-19 Tier 2 restrictions. "Bubbles" are relevant under both regimes. There are two different types — Support Bubble and Childcare Bubble. A third type, Christmas Bubble, is scheduled for the five day Christmas period. It is fair to say that each of these...
Our courts are reopening on Wednesday 2nd December.Tennis is one of the few "Covid safe" activities, so wrap up warm and come down and play. We play throughout the Winter months, in all weathers.We follow all current Covid guidelines for safe play.Our Club Social Morning is Tuesday from 10am and Saturday from 2pm, If you'd like to have a go, come and say hello.Not played...
Sportsman's Car Park