The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: March 2020
We remind you of a previously published article.
There cannot be anyone who doesn't know Alison Pritchard, who is passionate about 'Alison's Country Kitchen' on the High Street — a hub for cafe conversation and community engagement. What a difference one woman can make to a community — her selfless contributions to the life of this village over a substantial period of time have been extraordinary.
Since Alison is not one for promoting her own achievements, then this member of Tattenhall Online set about discovering how COVID-19 has affected her business, a nucleus within the village, as well as discovering her plans to survive this unprecedented crisis.
To say that Alison is devastated is an under statement — we all know how hard she has worked in building up this enviable business in the centre of Tattenhall. With 5 staff who are like family, the impact is potentially huge.
The stalwart that Alison is, however, she is picking herself up, dusting herself off, and offering a home delivery service, providing delicious, homemade goodies. She will be supplementing anything that she doesn't stock with purchases from SPAR Tattenhall, thereby keeping everything within the village. Alison you might recall, established the Tattenhall Business Alliance, to which she is still committed. Businesses are in this together!
The delivery service is available to absolutely everyone, not just the elderly.
- Ring: 01829 771330
- Email: email@example.com
- Place your order between 9am — 11am
- Deliveries will take place on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays
- Minimum order £10
- Most products will freeze and reheating guidelines will be provided
- Quiches & Flans — Cheese and Onion, Stilton and Bacon, Cheese and Broccoli, Goats Cheese and Spinach
- Homemade Steak Pies
- Homemade Meals — Beef Cottage Pie, Chicken Curry and Rice, Mushroom Stroganoff and Rice, Sausage Casserole and Mash
- Homemade Soups — Leek and Potato or Stilton and Broccoli
- A variety of Cakes which freeze perfectly — Lemon Drizzle, Fruit Tea-bread, Chocolate, Coffee, Victoria, the list goes on
- Tarts — Bakewell or Lancashire Lemon
- Sandwiches — you name it, Alison seems to offer it with brown or white bread
- Selection of mixed fresh vegetables and mixed salad stuff
- Mrs Darlington's jams and marmalades
So, please SUPPORT OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES — we are all in this together.
Images for illustrative purposes only
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
As a retired theatre nurse I felt that I should be doing something to help during this difficult time.Up until recently I have been running 'The Loss Cafe' in the village but family commitments required me to step down. Like many of you have time on my hands during the present conditions and I decided to get my sewing machine out to make scrubs for the NHS. The purchase of fabric for...
West Cheshire Rural U3A updateDue to the current restrictions for COVID 19, West Cheshire Rural U3A monthly meetings are currently not taking place, however that doesn't mean all our group activities had stopped. Some group activities are continuing online, including the Poetry Group and the Ukulele Group.We normally produce a U3A monthly newsletter which is printed and distributed to...
Along with feeders and bird baths, a bird box is high up on the list of a bird's basic needs. As well as providing a home for birds to bring up their families in spring and summer, a bird box will also provide shelter in the winter.When we asked you take photographs of Tattenhall whilst you were on your daily exercise regime (public health social distancing accepted), I think it would...
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church
St Alban' Church