The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Gillian Friswell: April 2019
We have received a message from Gillian Friswell announcing a great idea:
- Would you like to help raise money for our Village Church, the nucleus of our Community?
- Do you know how?
- One way is to supply us with some cake ingredients, ie flour,eggs, butter, chocolate etc.
- Ok, How? Phone me on 01829 770463
- Nearer the time of the Church Fete (July 6), buy these ingredients and take them into St Alban's Church between 10am and 4pm ....
- We have cooks who simply love to bake but it can be expensive for them so with your help, we can have a fabulous Cake Stall.
- People think our Church is rich but regrettably this is not the case.
- It takes us a lot to keep St. Alban's open for those special and ordinary occasions and it costs £9 an hour just to keep it warm.
- PLEASE HELP.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
National Garden Scheme — Tattenhall Hall Garden Booking now openIf you missed out the last time we were open in June, this is another chance to visit the garden. Tattenhall Hall Garden will be open to visit on Sunday July 12th. To access the garden, visits need to be booked through the NGS website https://www.ngs.org.uk/shop/garden-tickets/the-north/cheshire-tat...
Having participated in the July Zoom Meeting of the Parish Council earlier this week, it became acutely obvious of the difficulties being experienced by businesses on Tattenhall High Street.We have received several emails and comments on Facebook this morning and have adjusted this article to reflect your comments — many thanks to those of you who have written in.Listening to our Parish...
Outside the Barbour
St Alban's Church
Barbour Institute (outside)
St Alban's Church