The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Gillian Friswell: April 2019
We have received a message from Gillian Friswell announcing a great idea:
- Would you like to help raise money for our Village Church, the nucleus of our Community?
- Do you know how?
- One way is to supply us with some cake ingredients, ie flour,eggs, butter, chocolate etc.
- Ok, How? Phone me on 01829 770463
- Nearer the time of the Church Fete (July 6), buy these ingredients and take them into St Alban's Church between 10am and 4pm ....
- We have cooks who simply love to bake but it can be expensive for them so with your help, we can have a fabulous Cake Stall.
- People think our Church is rich but regrettably this is not the case.
- It takes us a lot to keep St. Alban's open for those special and ordinary occasions and it costs £9 an hour just to keep it warm.
- PLEASE HELP.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
There was lots of discussion as to what might be moving into the premises formerly occupied by Christine Zimmermann and 'Complement' on the High Street.The answer is 'SHL North' — not new to Tattenhall — they have actually moved across the High Street from an office they previously occupied in Olympus House.So what is SHL North you ask? Well, they offer the following...
St Alban's Church, TattenhallEaster Sunday Communion Service at 10.30amThere will be an Easter egg hunt for all the children who attend the service.St John's Church, BurwardsleyEaster Sunday Service at 9.15amFollowing the service there will be an Easter egg hunt in the Churchyard for children who have attended the service.All Saints Church...
Arborists (tree surgeons) from the CWaC Team were out early this morning — and what a morning, the sun was shining and there was some real warmth in the air.Some of you will have noticed the huge and overhanging Oak branches from trees which are adjacent to Tattenhall Road.Having undertaken a survey earlier in the week, the Arborists set about making the area safe.It was their intention to...
Community Room, St Alban's Church
St Alban's Church