The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Gillian Friswell: April 2019
We have received a message from Gillian Friswell announcing a great idea:
- Would you like to help raise money for our Village Church, the nucleus of our Community?
- Do you know how?
- One way is to supply us with some cake ingredients, ie flour,eggs, butter, chocolate etc.
- Ok, How? Phone me on 01829 770463
- Nearer the time of the Church Fete (July 6), buy these ingredients and take them into St Alban's Church between 10am and 4pm ....
- We have cooks who simply love to bake but it can be expensive for them so with your help, we can have a fabulous Cake Stall.
- People think our Church is rich but regrettably this is not the case.
- It takes us a lot to keep St. Alban's open for those special and ordinary occasions and it costs £9 an hour just to keep it warm.
- PLEASE HELP.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Organised by your PPG (Patient Participation Group), this is our first 'Family Health Hub Day'.Our combined patient footprint is +8000 patients over a wide rural area.Lots of individuals and groups have combined to provide an action-packed day full of useful tips, activities, healthy eating, mindfulness and well-being in support of healthier lifestyles for all of us.Full details...
Were you up and around and in the village at 7.00am last Thursday morning?Despite a very dismal and damp start, Paul Hellmers of PJH Outdoor Solutions embarked on the annual cut at Glebe Meadow (having completed Barn Field earlier in the week).Although the grasses and wildflowers were still providing a valuable source of pollen and nectar, it was felt that the time was right to set seed for...