The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: July 2015
Burwardsley Road Reopens After Fire !
Tattenhall, 9th July 2015 :00.
Fire destroyed a hay barn this morning causing the closure of Burwardsley Road between Field Lane and Bird's Lane at 10 am. Two fire tenders are still in attendance though the road has now recently been reopened . The fire is thought to have been caused by spontaneous combustion of fresh baled hay. Moulds in the hay can generate sufficient heat to set light to the bale and fire can rapidly spread. Fortunately the breeze today was much lighter than the near gale force yesterday or the damage could have been much worse. Fire fighters reported that barn fires are a very infrequent occurrence .
9th July 2015 18:00. Burwardsley Road is now open again to traffic.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
At the July meeting of your PPG, two issues concerning defibrillators were discussed.The need for a 'Community Public Access Defibrillator' (CPAD), located in the centre of the village and which is available 24 hours a dayThe need for an accurate list of where the Tattenhall Defibrillators are locatedCurrently all defibrillators are located within buildings which are...
Just some advance notice everyone.Due to operational issues, Tattenhall Post Office and Pluto House Gift Shop will be CLOSED as follows:On Saturday 20 JulyOn Monday 22 July — a.m. The Post Office and Gift Shop will RE-OPEN at 12 noon on Monday 22 JulyThank you for your support during this period.Kind regards, Lesley...
Community Room, St Alban's
Ditzy Rose Makery