The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: August 2017
It is regrettable that a (nameless) Tattenhall resident has written into the Website today stating that they will '... no longer be following our page on Facebook because we are obsessed with dog fouling and that (we) are turning this village into anti dog! (They claim, that) it's like living in a village in a dictatorship! ...'
The facts are these ....
- The possible erection of a 1.8m high fence around The Park School is considered necessary, in part, to deal with the issue of dog fouling.
- The installation of green signage by Sport Tattenhall at The Flacca gives information relating to 'Dog Control Orders' and the possible consequences if individuals fail to follow their guidance
- This issue has been discussed at multiple Parish Council Meeetings and several solutions have been proposed by our Homewatch Co-ordinator, not least the possibility of registering for 'The Pink Poo Campaign' and the reporting of 'grot spots' within the village.
- Various reports have been received from TWiG in relation to the land they manage at Jubilee Wood, an area where they state that '... dog walkers appear to come in three categories: those that remove their dog waste in the proper manner; those that place the waste in 'poo bags' but then simply throw those bags into the nearby environment and, regrettably, those that do nothing'. They have provided photographic evidence to support their claims.
- Information sent to the Website highlighted this problem e.g. whilst members of our community were involved in 'The Clean for the Queen Campaign'.
- Personal emails sent to the Website alerted us to the problem (contact details/names provided in all cases).
To our 'Tattenhall Resident' — it is not 'Tattenhall Online' that is obsessed with the problem — we are simply reporting on the facts as they are presented to us. Regrettably, the thoughtless actions of some individuals within the village continue.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
April 1st SavedRumour has it that consideration was given to cancelling April 1st this year. It was felt in some quarters that the serious situation in the country meant that it was inappropriate to encourage April Foolery. The proposal was to replace April 1st with March 32nd, followed by April 2nd.However we are told that the Chief Medical Officer was of the opinion that a certain amount...
Following the success of TWiG in their Parish Council Grant Funding Application, members of the 1st Bickerton Scouts and 1st Tattenhall Guides were set to assist in the planting of 500 trees, together with a wildflower meadow, at Broad Oak Farm last month.Covering 0.4 hectares (1 acre), Broad Oak Farm is farmed by Drew and Suzanne Miller, and lies within the Tattenhall Parish Boundary. The...
Just an update on the opening hours of the Well Pharmacy on the High Street everyone.Open — From 10.00amClosed for lunch — Between 1.00-2.00pmClosed — From 6.00pmA huge 'THANK YOU' to all the staff at the Well Pharmacy for working at the Front Line and in dealing with our daily...
The Recreation Club
The Studio, Tattenhall
St Alban's Church