The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: April 2020
Ordinarily we publish opening times for all the businesses in the village during the Easter Weekend.
Acknowledging that we have depleted services currently — please be aware of the following openings/closures/deliveries etc.
VILLAGE SURGERIES GROUP/DOCTORS' SURGERIES
- To ease the pressure on 111 and the Out of Hours services, the Village Surgeries will be open for telephone triage appointments on both Good Friday and Easter Monday from 8am — 6.30pm
- Please to not attend the surgeries unless instructed to by a GP or Local Pharmacist
In support of the Village Surgeries Group, the following Pharmacy opening times are published — NHS England may change these and we will try to keep the Website updated ....
- Well Pharmacy Tattenhall — 11am-2pm (on both Good Friday and Easter Monday)
- Pharmacy Farndon — 2pm-5pm (on both Good Friday and Easter Monday)
Both Pharmacies (Tattenhall and Farndon) will be open as normal on Saturday 11 April
THE POST OFFICE AND PLUTO HOUSE GIFT SHOP
- Closed from Thursday 9 April 5.30pm and Re-opens on Tuesday 14 April at 2pm
- Deliveries will continue on both Good Friday and Easter Monday
- The store will be open as usual with social distancing in line with public health guidelines
- If you are really quick, you can order flowers for the Easter Weekend — CLICK HERE and to order from Carol's Website CLICK HERE
LAST ORDERS FROM GERRY AT THE BUTCHERS
- Gerry will shut up shop at the close of business on Easter Saturday, 11 April. He is working his normal hours until then.
A huge 'THANK YOU' to all our providers — you are our unsung heroes.
And reminders to everyone
1. Keep washing and sanitising your hands — this is absolutely crucial (please also be mindful of farm gates etc)
2. Stay in, however tempting it might be to go out
3. When shopping locally, please keep socially distanced both outside and within the shops
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
OPAL Wins Queen's AwardLocal charity Older People Active Lives (OPAL) has been awarded The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service. Tattenhall is one of six West Cheshire village volunteer groups that make up OPAL, rural West Cheshire's own special charity.The Queen's Award for Voluntary Service is the highest award given to local volunteer groups across the UK to recognise...
Short Story Competition and there will be prizes!"In Spring 2020 the world suddenly changed"Tattenhall Lockdown Story CompetitionWhat a curious time this is — no school- no meeting friends in the park or visiting cousins or grandparents. Who would have imagined such a world?Well, here's a chance to let your imagination run wild and write your part of...
Phil Bunt sent us a few lockdown general photos he took of the village by drone from the Flacca in mid-May. Phil is registered with the civil aviation authority to fly drones responsibly and safely within the law.Will we ever see such scenes again? Let's hope not, even though they are magnificent in their own way. Thanks to Phil, we have this historical record to remind us of the effort...
St Alban's Church