The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
PPG: April 2020
Your Patient Participation Group (PPG) wishes to reassure everyone that despite COVID-19, your Village Surgeries Group is still operating daily for your medical needs.
We appreciate that some of you consider that the demands facing our Surgeries are much more pressing currently BUT it is vital that the day-to-day needs of our patients are managed as well.
Whilst media reports repeatedly request that we 'protect the NHS', please be assured that there IS capacity to treat individuals for conditions other than COVID-19.
- You should obviously call 999 in a medical emergency such as a heart attack or stroke.
- If you are worried about symptoms, then please call your GP. It is extremely helpful to prepare for any telephone consultation. We have information on getting the most out of your GP appointment CLICK HERE. Cancer Research UK has also developed tips specifically on telephone consultations, which are helpful whatever your health condition is CLICK HERE.
- If you have a long-term health condition for which you regularly see a healthcare professional, your consultant or clinic should have told you how care will be provided. If they have not, you should call them and ask for advice.
- A reminder to all — moles still need to be checked, sick children need examination, depression needs to be discussed, severe headaches need investigation ... the list goes on.
- If, of course, you consider you might be suffering with COVID-19 symptoms then you should use the NHS 111 online facility - CLICK HERE.
As your PPG, therefore, can we reassure everyone that our Tattenhall and Farndon Doctors and Nurses are working daily. Not only are they available for telephone appointments, they will see patients if they consider it necessary and our Surgeries are now able to receive photographs too. We do not want to be in a position when the lockdown rules are relaxed, that we are overwhelmed at either Surgery or, indeed, at A&E.
We know that many of you are using Patient Access for repeat prescriptions and that these are then sent directly to your pharmacy of choice. However, if you need help in signing up for Patient Access or if you need some help with repeat prescriptions, then please do not hesitate to contact the Surgeries who will put you in touch with the right person.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Clues, riddles and lots of fun. Get together to crack a virtual escape room for a great cause. CLICK HERE for...
As can be seen by the poster (Click on image to enlarge), the allotments at Gatesheath are organized by the Tattenhall & District Parish Council, but a Facebook Group has also been established to try to increase awareness of the allotments, to help ensure all the plots are rented out and / or for anyone who is simply interested in what goes on at the allotments e.g vegetable/ fruit growing...
The March meeting of the Parish Council, will be held on Monday 1st March at 7.30pm via a Zoom call. Please note you should email or ring the clerk in advance to be given login details. email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAs always, the draft minutes from the previous meeting can be found on the Parish Council website or by https://tattenhallpc.co.uk/the-parish-council/minutes/.11(CLICKING...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park
Sportsmans Arms Car Park