The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Tattenhall Gardening Society: August 2019
The weather has been awful, very wet, followed by very hot; what will have survived in the garden for the Show?
We will all be suffering the same problems , so your chance of winning could be higher!
So — Tips for showing:
- Pick flowers and especially roses a few days ahead in bud and bring them into a cool place in the house. Roses will then open a little and not be damaged by the weather.
- Pick dahlias before the petals have curved backwards and then they will last.
- The requirements for the vegetable class are that there should be identical items, same length, same colour, as much as possible. Pick beans a few days ahead and wrap in damp newspaper, this may also help flatten curling runner beans.
- The judges look for perfection, but if you can't do that there is always the amusing veg category!
- And read the schedule which clearly states the what is needed. If it doesn't meet the requirements of the schedule your entry may well not be judged!
Or if Gardening has defeated you this year, with wind rain and floods-
- Take a photo,
- paint a picture,
- do something crafty,
- cook something delicious, still time to make jam, but use a new lid, label and date.
- take part!
Its fun, and you can meet lots of interesting people!
Click on the image to enlarge it.
Schedules are available in The Barbour Institute and the Post Office, or you can CLICK HERE to view, download and print your own copy.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
JUNIOR CRICKETWe're very excited that the junior cricket development programmes are finally here! Following the fantastic taster sessions, 93 primary-aged children are now registered across the two programmes; however there are still a few spaces left.To book a place, or for more information:for All Stars CLICK HERE for Dynamos...
Save the date..Wanted stall holders.We are accepting donations of pre loved clothes & toys, please DM for further information....
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on Harthill Road/Ridding Bank in Tattenhall Ward to enable Drainage investigation works to be carried out by Cheshire West And Chester CouncilNothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park