Tattenhall Gardening Society Annual Show Sunday 1st September 2019
The weather has been awful, very wet, followed by very hot; what will have survived in the garden for the Show?
We will all be suffering the same problems , so your chance of winning could be higher!
So – Tips for showing:
- Pick flowers and especially roses a few days ahead in bud and bring them into a cool place in the house. Roses will then open a little and not be damaged by the weather.
- Pick dahlias before the petals have curved backwards and then they will last.
- The requirements for the vegetable class are that there should be identical items, same length, same colour, as much as possible. Pick beans a few days ahead and wrap in damp newspaper, this may also help flatten curling runner beans.
- The judges look for perfection, but if you can't do that there is always the amusing veg category!
- And read the schedule which clearly states the what is needed. If it doesn't meet the requirements of the schedule your entry may well not be judged!
Or if Gardening has defeated you this year, with wind rain and floods-
- Take a photo,
- paint a picture,
- do something crafty,
- cook something delicious, still time to make jam, but use a new lid, label and date.
- take part!
Its fun, and you can meet lots of interesting people!
Click on the image to enlarge it.
Schedules are available in The Barbour Institute and the Post Office, or you can CLICK HERE to view, download and print your own copy.