The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Cheshire Fire and Rescue: February 2016
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging everyone to think safety first when cooking this month to ensure your culinary delights don't turn into a disaster.
Nick Evans, Prevention Manager for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "This month is guaranteed to have many people in the kitchen cooking with family and friends and we want to make sure you remember it for the right reasons. Just a moment's distraction could turn your kitchen fun into tragedy but following a few simple precautions can greatly reduce the risks".
"I would urge people to first and foremost make sure they have a working smoke alarm installed as this can give you and your loved ones vital time to escape to safety if a fire does break out".
Traditional chip pans can cause fatal fires, so firefighters are urging you to swap chip pans for other ways of cooking chips — to keep you and your family safe.
Safer ways to enjoy chips
Chip pan safety tips
If you must use a traditional chip pan, please follow these fire safety tips:
What to do if a pan catches fire
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Our courts are reopening on Wednesday 2nd December.Tennis is one of the few "Covid safe" activities, so wrap up warm and come down and play. We play throughout the Winter months, in all weathers.We follow all current Covid guidelines for safe play.Our Club Social Morning is Tuesday from 10am and Saturday from 2pm, If you'd like to have a go, come and say hello.Not played...
Neil Friswell has requested that we post a message to say that the December issue of the Parish News will be available for collection in the church porch by distributors on Friday December 4th. Thank to all Distributors at this...
Sportsman's Car Park