The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Robin Mulvihill: April 2016
Just 20 years old and from South Australia, 'Brett Seibert' has joined Tattenhall Cricket Club as their overseas player for 2016.
We hope you enjoy reading this lighthearted profile of our new recruit!
From South Australia he came,
A sprig of wattle in his hand,
To play the odd cricket game,
He travelled to the Motherland.
- School -- Rosstrevor College
- Club -- Prospect CC, Adelaide
- University -- University of Adelaide, Commerce and Accounting
- Marital Status -- Single
- Right-handed bat
- Highest Score -- 105 not out Summer 2015/6
- Bowling -- Right-handed mediocre medium outswingers
- Stroke -- Straight drive
- Fielding position -- slip
- Sledge -- likes to improvise, retaliates if/when provoked
- Cricketer -- Adam Gilchrist
- Party trick -- tbc
- Music -- Rock
- Food -- Mexican
- Drink -- Rum
- Can he dance? -- No
- Brexit? -- unfussed & undecided
- Trivia -- He can't stop watching the water go the other way down the sink
- 20 years-old --young Brett has already acquitted himself pretty handily in South Australia's premier Grade competition in Adelaide
- To say Brett has been unimpressed by our unseasonably warm Spring weather, would be an understatement and that, coming from an understated type of fellow, is very understated indeed.
Since arriving, a whole host of new words have entered his (somewhat limited) antipodean lexicon.
As he's Australian, we like to only work on twelve new words per week!
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Tattenhall Homewatch and Graham Marsden do a brilliant job in alerting residents to local crime, phishing scams etc. etc.Some scams look genuine but some are almost laughable in their ineptitude; this recent effort, purporting to be from the DVLA, is full of grammatical errors and,hopefully, shouldn't fool anyone."Your vehicle is no longer taxed. DVLA have been notified...
Bad News — Good NewsWe are inundated with news items about setbacks in our fight against Covid-19:* More areas are having to return to lockdown* Some schools are closing again* Hospital admissions are increasing* Track and Trace is strugglingTattenhall and other rural Cheshire areas have done relatively well in keeping the virus at bay but the lockdown relaxations possibly created a...
Through the past few months many of us have done more walking and have possibly discovered new footpaths in and in the neighbourhood of Tattenhall. Some are well trodden but on others you may have the path or track all to yourselves.For those who like maps, Pluto House stocks a handy pocket-sized publication 'Around & About Tattenhall & Beeston'. This is part of the Ordnance Survey...
High St Car Park, MALPAS
Sportsman's Car Park
Outside Barbour Institute