The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: June 2018
Since this member of the Webteam is a House Guide at the National Trust property at Erddig, she thought you might want to know all the details for Thursday's 'Antiques Roadshow' which is being filmed at this fantastic property this week (only 30 minutes from Tattenhall) and, importantly, details of the day, including admissions, parking etc.
- Doors open at 9.30am and close at 5.00pm.
- Entry to the show is free, everyone is welcome, and no tickets or pre-registration is required.
- Local area road signage will direct all vehicles via Plasgrono entrance with a one way system in operation exiting via Forest Drive. There will be public parking in the fields.
- If you are Blue Badge holders there is parking reserved in the main car park nearest the house, please have your badges visible so our stewards can direct you.
- There will be traffic marshals directing the traffic so they will tell you where to go.
- Visitors are welcome to just turn up on the day but they can also share their stories about the special items they are bringing along using Share Your Story on the Antiques Roadshow website CLICK HERE.
Presenter Fiona Bruce and the team of Antiques Roadshow experts will be waiting to welcome you.
So dust off your family heirlooms and dig out those car boot bargains and bring them along for free advice and valuations to visitors.
Erddig, a modest country house near Wrexham, dates back to the 17th century.
The property was left to the Yorke family in 1733 and members of that family continued to live there for the next 240 years .
Whilst our lives are focused on decluttering, the Yorke family rarely threw anything away.
The result, therefore, is a collection of at least 20,000 objects which form a quite remarkable social history.
The National Trust took ownership of Erddig in 1973 and began a four year period of restoration — it is truly a time capsule.
The last Squire of Erddig, Philip Yorke III, died in 1978.
CLICK HERE to be directed to the National Trust site.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Pluto House Gift Shop expands product rangeAs from Thursday, 2nd July, flower arrangements designed by Cat-Kins Flowers will be on sale at Pluto House Gift Shop, located within our village Post Office..You can find more details about the flowers and business on Facebook CLICK HERE and Instagram 'flowers by...
.The Village Market is back outside the Barbour Institute from 9.00 — 11 am every Friday with home baking, Jams, Vegetables and a variety of...
OCEAN WAVE FRESH FISH Each and every Wednesday, 3-4pm at the Sportsman Arms, your AMAZING village has an AMAZING selection of fresh fish and seafood brought directly from Fleetwood quayside.All our fish is fresh, NEVER frozen. There's no minimum spend. We prepare all fish to your requirements.All forms of payment accepted.New customers ALWAYS welcome.For orders or enquiries call...
Outside the Barbour
St Alban's Church
St Alban's Church