The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Webteam: June 2018
Since this member of the Webteam is a House Guide at the National Trust property at Erddig, she thought you might want to know all the details for Thursday's 'Antiques Roadshow' which is being filmed at this fantastic property this week (only 30 minutes from Tattenhall) and, importantly, details of the day, including admissions, parking etc.
- Doors open at 9.30am and close at 5.00pm.
- Entry to the show is free, everyone is welcome, and no tickets or pre-registration is required.
- Local area road signage will direct all vehicles via Plasgrono entrance with a one way system in operation exiting via Forest Drive. There will be public parking in the fields.
- If you are Blue Badge holders there is parking reserved in the main car park nearest the house, please have your badges visible so our stewards can direct you.
- There will be traffic marshals directing the traffic so they will tell you where to go.
- Visitors are welcome to just turn up on the day but they can also share their stories about the special items they are bringing along using Share Your Story on the Antiques Roadshow website CLICK HERE.
Presenter Fiona Bruce and the team of Antiques Roadshow experts will be waiting to welcome you.
So dust off your family heirlooms and dig out those car boot bargains and bring them along for free advice and valuations to visitors.
Erddig, a modest country house near Wrexham, dates back to the 17th century.
The property was left to the Yorke family in 1733 and members of that family continued to live there for the next 240 years .
Whilst our lives are focused on decluttering, the Yorke family rarely threw anything away.
The result, therefore, is a collection of at least 20,000 objects which form a quite remarkable social history.
The National Trust took ownership of Erddig in 1973 and began a four year period of restoration — it is truly a time capsule.
The last Squire of Erddig, Philip Yorke III, died in 1978.
CLICK HERE to be directed to the National Trust site.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Mindfulness Classes at the Community Room, St Alban's Church13th December 2019 12-00 to 1-30 pmLed by Manny Emslie — Click here for more info.This is a follow on from the November meeting "How Mindfulness helps in Grief and Pain"These classes are informal and friendly. You are invited to come along and enjoy the...
Some of the parents and relatives who attended the recent (19-22 November) production of Evita at Bishop Heber School in Malpas — including your reviewer — would not have realised just what a treat was in store when they made their way to watch their young folk perform. As Evita is sung throughout, it places much greater demands than do most plays on the...
Huxley CE Primary School
St Alban's Community Room