The beautiful village of Tattenhall in Cheshire
Carol Siddorn: December 2017
Many of us know of Carol Siddorn and of her fantastic success, not least at Tatton Park RHS when she and the team were not only awarded Monty's 'Trowel of Honour' but were also featured on the BBC. Carol has also been awarded prizes in the hotly contested 'Floral Art' section of the Southport Flower Show, competing with entries from all over the North West. The Southport Flower Show, held at Victoria Park in Southport, is the largest independent flower show in the United Kingdom. Many of you, of course, will have been delighted to hear Carol's pearls of wisdom at Tattenhall Garden Society events too.
Well, with Christmas Wreath making behind her, Carol just wanted everyone to know that there are lots of workshops planned for 2018 — from creating your own cut flower patch to flower farming, and 'cut and arrange' sessions, where participants can wander the fields with a bucket and make their own arrangement or bouquet — how inspirational is that!. Absolutely no pressure and no expectation. The fields are particularly beautiful from April to October, enhanced by the surrounding natural landscape, tucked under Rawhead.
With this in mind, the workshops are listed below and in case you are still searching for that unique Christmas Gift, then gift vouchers are available for £45 which would include a half day workshop or, vouchers to any value for flowers, once the season is back in full swing from April.
New dates have just issued — for more information or to book a place or to buy a gift voucher for a workshop, email email@example.com or call 01829 782895. Please note: our website isn't fully operational currently since we have experienced some recent technical difficulties.
There will be more workshop dates issued in January 2018, including some more technical flower-related ones. We can also arrange bespoke or party workshops for groups of 4 or more. Please ask.
Flowery Sunday — cut and arrange flowers to take home
- More of a fun flowery morning than a formal workshop — a short demo and then you get to wander the fields and select your own flowers for a hand tied bouquet or to arrange in your own vase.
- Each session focuses on one or the other, but you can do something different if you prefer.
- A very relaxed and informal social event, together with a touch of creative inspiration.
- Absolutely no experience required
- All workshops are from 10.00am-12.30pm; £45 to include coffee & cake and plenty of flowers (obviously)!.
- April 8th — Hand tied bouquet
- April 22nd — Bring a vase or jug
- May 13th — Hand tied bouquet
- June 10th — Hand tied bouquet
- June 24th — Bring a vase or jug
- July 8th — Hand tied bouquet
- July 22nd — Bring a vase or jug
A Cut Flower Patch at Home
- Tuesday 10th April, 10.00am-12.30pm
- An introduction to choosing, growing, picking, conditioning and arranging flowers in your garden, for home and for gifts.
- No experience required.
- £45 inc coffee & cake
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
JUNIOR CRICKETWe're very excited that the junior cricket development programmes are finally here! Following the fantastic taster sessions, 93 primary-aged children are now registered across the two programmes; however there are still a few spaces left.To book a place, or for more information:for All Stars CLICK HERE for Dynamos...
Save the date..Wanted stall holders.We are accepting donations of pre loved clothes & toys, please DM for further information....
Notice is hereby given pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 the effect of which will be to prohibit traffic on Harthill Road/Ridding Bank in Tattenhall Ward to enable Drainage investigation works to be carried out by Cheshire West And Chester CouncilNothing in the Order shall prevent driving upon the said lengths of road of any vehicle which is being...
Sportsmans Arms Car Park